No announcement yet.

HenRoc : 1992 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So in my last update..back in Feb I had spun a connecting rod bearing. Since that day I had driven for a month and 8 days. And on 4.4.15 the motor finally shot a rod thru the block and died.

So since then I've been looking for suitable daily driver but to no avail so in the meantime my parents are letting borrow the spare family car

2009 Toyota Matrix AWD.

Working on something but we'll see.
    Henry R
    Koni/Neuspeed
    1992 Accord LX R.I.P
    1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
    Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
    made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Well damn 4 months later the car is swapped and I have a new daily driver to kick around in.

I purchased another H22 for a killer deal from a good friend of mine , Rob (aka NinetytwoAccord) after learning he didn't have much planned for it and it just needed a new home a few weeks later with the help of another awesome friend Dan (GraniteCB7) we dropped it in.

Had a minor issue just trying to get it done but with some parts bought from another OG member down in NC it was ready to be fired up.

Obviously anyone who has read my active threads knew I was having issues with it wanting to stay running but with some patience I am getting there.

Honestly it's the ONLY H22 swap I've had trouble with, the other three swaps were just drop in and turn key ready.

Right now I'm rolling in a 95 Avalon that I purchased for $600 that I nicknamed 'Da Couch' and yeah..let's just say I'm already eyeing a set of wheels drop springs from Vogtland and a set of Tokico blues to lower it a bit since it has massive body roll.

Wheels I'm looking at are:

Zauber 17x8,9+45

or

Zauber 17x7,8+37

Trying to go for that flush/sunken look on the wheels.

Behold: Da Couch

Henry R
      Koni/Neuspeed
      1992 Accord LX R.I.P
      Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,

Comment

311k miles later and good part out. peace out my mechanical friend.
        Last edited by HenRoc; 06-12-2018, 02:23 PM.
        Henry R
        Koni/Neuspeed
        1992 Accord LX R.I.P
        Legend FSM

Comment

Shit. Even though it ran its course. I still hate seeing pictures like this. RIP

Good luck with your new wagon. Still kills me to see them getting parted out when they aren't totaled.

I guess it will happen sooner or later to all of us...

Comment

Originally posted by dhill_cb7 View Post
            Shit. Even though it ran its course. I still hate seeing pictures like this. RIP

Good luck with your new wagon. Still kills me to see them getting parted out when they aren't totaled.

I guess it will happen sooner or later to all of us...
            Eh the rust was getting worse and I should've done something to prevent it but I admit I got lazy and just forgot about it.

It actually started small but because it sat for almost a year in the elements it just got progressively worse to the point where it needed a good quarter panel to be welded in.

Now that I own a wagon it has a similar spot but I'm going to get it coated before winter hits to slow it down and I'm getting my hands on a clean set from another wagon I came across at a local yard (Southern car) and set them aside for later.

I suppose this time around I wised up and decided that I'm not taking anymore chances especially with the wagon this time. I plan on keeping it around for a good while.
            Henry R
            Koni/Neuspeed
            1992 Accord LX R.I.P
            Legend FSM

Comment

Damn that's a crazy sight... I see cars like this all the time in the yards, but junk yards, not backyards.

Your wagon will be thankful for all the experience and knowledge that this sedan has imparted on you.
              1993 Accord DX | Rosewood Brown Metallic

Comment

Working...
              X