Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Another CB7 back on the road

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another CB7 back on the road

I bought this car for $100 out of a condemned house front yard. It was a dirty stained dented pile and plain stock with just as badly neglected tan interior. But EX coupe manuals aren't the easiest to come by. I've done allot in a the last 8 months. Most of which I learned lurking here. But I couldn't join till I busted out proper. Let me know what you think.
    5 studded & leather clad - Praise The Lowered

~Mark~

Awesome restoration. That you only paid $100 for it (obviously not in this condition) is even better. Welcome to the site!

Comment

Very nice!

I'm assuming that your rear CL seat is being held in by the seat belts? If so there is a fairly simple solution, and looking at the rest of the car you should be able to do it easily.

If you left the downward pointing tabs on the seat. Cut out the middle one flush with the rest of the frame.

Take the plastic covers that the CL seat originally had. Figure out where the tabs rest on the CB7's body, once found use the plastic covers to make a pattern. Cut out a small rectangle that the plastic covers can slide into.

Insert plastic covers into the holes that you cut. Insert remaining 2 seat tabs into the plastic covers. Use the center right bottom tab and bolt it in place with the lower seat using the same bolt.

Once done, no more worries about the seat falling out and it sits so nice and tight against the rear deck. I forgot to mention you need to remove the top plastic cover behind the seat to do this. Also you need to remove the seat latch for the folding seat.

Anywho very nice work.

Did you paint the leather inserts and door panels? I'm assuming so from the pictures.

Welcome to the site.
      MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Damn, good clean restoration!

Love the five lug conversion with Honda rims, keeps it classy!

Only suggestion is getting the rear speakers color matched to the interior.

Welcome aboard!
        Click Image for CB7Tuner.com Beanies, Decals, & Keychains!

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
          Damn, good clean restoration!

Love the five lug conversion with Honda rims, keeps it classy!

Only suggestion is getting the rear speakers color matched to the interior.

Welcome aboard!
          I notice that too but I can almost forgive it considering how clean the rest of the car is

*edit* is it me or are you missing a lug on the driver side front wheel?
          Last edited by Bunta; 08-16-2017, 11:42 PM.

Comment

Hey thanks guys.

Rilas, I'm not sure which tabs you're talking about. I think I remember some plastic covers when I first got it out of the pick a part CL. I'm pretty sure I don't have them anymore. I did cut the top 3 loops off to get it to sit back better. But yeah the seat belts hold it from flopping forward. Also the gray coupe leather is original to a red 93 EX coupe that (very lucky me) found at the Fontana pap here in so cal. The og gray leather seats were destroyed but at least I got the panels. I like the CL seats better anyways and they match up really good. The fronts are fully working with power and heat.

Jon, I know lol I have gray paint for the rear pods too. I swear I cannot find EX gray 6x9 pods. So I'm using my og units. I tour pick a parts every week. I practically built this whole car from pap goodies. Today I saw a 90-91 4 door with brown leather interior. Complete too at Rialto pap. But yeah I can't find some gray EX pods lol.

~Mark~

Comment

i like the cl wheels on it. looks goooood.
              COUPE K24

Comment

The car is looking really good. Whats the engine situation looking like?

Comment

I would love to see what it looked like when you purchased it. Nice restoration though.
                  ~Nick~
                  FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                  MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

When I yanked the knuckles off of a 2000 accord v6, I didn't see that one of the threads was kinda messed up. Not wanting to make it worse till its fixed I left that lug off. The abs sensors were even worse. They were so rusted that I had to chisel them out and replace them.
                    The wheels are the 3.2 Acura CL (non type-s) I like em because they look just like Si civic wheels only 16" and 5 lug.
                    The original motor was gone with just the tranny hanging by its axle. I pulled another f22a6 from a wrecked 92 wagon with only 112 thousand on it. It was really clean in and out. Even the smog numbers were very good. But I do have a jdm h22 that came out of cb9 wagon. I've got most of the goodies for the swap. I just need a manual tranny and a p13 ecu. Somebody hacked up the wiring harness so I'm fixing it up also.
                    This car was nasty when I got it. The paint was all faded. I had to replace the fenders and hood with other black accord cars I found a pap. It has not been repainted. I just clayed it, compounded, then polished and waxed it. It's actually a crap respray at one point in its life but stay 10 feet away and it's now lookin decent lol. The interior was even worse than the outside. The heater core leaked all over the front floor. Once I found the gray leather I never looked back and tore all that tan junk out.

~Mark~

Comment

Working...
                    X