Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

1990 accord some time will start and some time won't crank no start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1990 accord some time will start and some time won't crank no start

Hello I'm having trobel with my 1990 accord lx lately it has started acting up. The car will run great but when I shut it off it will crank but not start. I have pulled the s light code and I got codes 2,3,7,8,14,1 in this order.i found another thread with this same but the other thread said his would not start at all my will start and drive normal the when I shut it of sometime it will start and some times it won't can it be that the main relay is bad. If any one can help pleas mesege me.

It sounds most likely to be the main relay.
    Does it seem to correspond with the temperature, i.e. does it start and run more when it's cold vs. when it's warm/hot?

As for your trouble codes, they are most likely unrelated to the not starting issue.
    Click Image for CB7Tuner.com Beanies, Decals, & Keychains!

Comment

That many tcu error codes usually indicates a faulty tcu. That can also apparently cause a starting issue (why, I don't know.) repair or replace the tcu, and see if things get better.

Also, please post in the correct section in the future.

Comment

This problem only hapens when the car runs for more than 1 hour or when my car reches operating tempiture. After i run the car in those conditions and then turne off my car it wont start. In rigard to the other post i tought it was the tcu but when i read the thread that some one hade the same problem on this foream. His fix was that he hade forgaten a fuse for the maine relay and ecu. I just wanted to know if it could be the relay thats going out
        Last edited by neon01; 07-25-2017, 09:15 PM.

Comment

Good luck to you.

Comment

Most likely is the main relay. 2nd in line might be the ignition control module inside the distributor (this can be replaced without replacing the entire distributor).
            90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
            08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Working...
            X