Does everyone have Broken ABS unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does everyone have Broken ABS unit

I get a code 1 on my abs unit and i have been told that most or everyone's abs unit doesn't work anymore. How true is this. What is the most common issues with these ABS units. Does anyone have a working ABS that is original? Am wondering if i can pull one from junkyard and what are the chances of it working.

I know a lot of the unit's have had failures at this point. Although both of my '93 SE coupes the ABS worked just fine in, then I proceeded to rip it out and convert it to non-ABS. I have 2 set of the parts if you don't want to go and find a possible dead one in the junkyard.
    MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Works fine in my 93 SE

Comment

I had the same code in the 93 SE I sold a little while ago. Works in my 92 EX. Still works I think in the 93 EX I sold in February (I know the new owner).
        90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
        08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Originally posted by Rilas View Post
          I know a lot of the unit's have had failures at this point. Although both of my '93 SE coupes the ABS worked just fine in, then I proceeded to rip it out and convert it to non-ABS. I have 2 set of the parts if you don't want to go and find a possible dead one in the junkyard.
          How much are you asking?

Comment

my modulator started leaking like crazy, honda wanted 900 bucks for a new one. At that point in Nov 2010, I just converted to Non-ABS with an integra 4040 proportioning valve and ditched all the ABS stuff, saved about 35 lbs worth of parts and cleaned up my engine bay considerably.

Brake pedal feel is great and I can still modulate the brakes up until the point of lockup.

member's ride thread
            93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
            99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
            91 Accord SE 176k
            97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Working...
            X