rear gate won't close OR open cb9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rear gate won't close OR open cb9

I closed my rear gate on my cb9 and for the first time ever I think it broke.

The gate isn't closed , it still jiggles and the cargo light is still on , but i can't open it , even though it's unlocked. I tried the powered locks and playing with the handle in weird ways but I got a whole lot of nothing. tried sticking the key in the gate and noting. it's stuck in limbo. now what?

I don't have my wagon at home at the moment (in Indianapolis with my son) for reference. Can you remove the interior panel with the door closed?

I'm afraid to suggest that you try to close it completely; if you do and can't open it from there you may eliminate any free play that might be needed to remove the interior panel. Now I feel bad that I didn't figure out how to make an internal release (long story).
    90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
    08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

the gate somehow fixed itself. I went outside , stuck the key in and it just opened normally. works fine now.

I have no idea why it initially broke and how it managed to fix itself.

Comment

Working...
      X