Manual gas mileage thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manual gas mileage thread

Alright so we have an auto gas mileage thread so let's see what our manual owners are getting. I'd ask you to post your basic engine/transmission info (what engine, transmission and if you are boosted or N/A) and your mileage.

I'll start this off

H-swap with stock transmission, naturally aspirated

averaged 26 mpg mixed city/highway driving and would regularly get 32-34 mpg with only highway miles.

my 91 lx with over 300k miles gets an estimated 17-21 mpg in city. depends on how much i beat on her lol

edit: i also have a cracked header

Comment

Originally posted by accordlove View Post
      my 91 lx with over 300k miles gets an estimated 17-21 mpg in city. depends on how much i beat on her lol

edit: i also have a cracked header
      Are those strictly city miles? I'm not sure but you might pick up a few by fixing that header and re-freshing the engine (and not beating on her like she owes you money lol).

Comment

Originally posted by Bunta View Post
        Are those strictly city miles? I'm not sure but you might pick up a few by fixing that header and re-freshing the engine (and not beating on her like she owes you money lol).
        yep, i live in a small city in kansas, lots of stop and go. Havnt had her on a high way yet, as you said she needs a lot of work... and i need to quit romping it but its too fun

Comment

I averaged 28-30 hwy/city mileage. I have a somewhat heavy foot.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

In the 93 EX coupe I had I've gotten 375 miles to a tank. That was pushing it and not good to do. Sorry I don't know MPGs.

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
              In the 93 EX coupe I had I've gotten 375 miles to a tank. That was pushing it and not good to do. Sorry I don't know MPGs.
              If by pushing it you mean running it down to nearly empty that is about 22 mpg.

Comment

More like 26-27 mpg. It's pretty much impossible to use more than 14.2 gallons of our 17 gallon tank.
                ......father in law has it back again. Time to shine

Comment

Originally posted by Bunta View Post
                  If by pushing it you mean running it down to nearly empty that is about 22 mpg.
                  You got it! Sucked up every piece of dirt I could :P

Comment

ok update since my last post on this thread...

fixed all coolant leaks, got a new heater control valve, flushed all old nasty coolant out, bled the system, new rad cap, distributer cap and plugs, and installed a new vss. no cel codes.

i sware im getting close to 40 mpg in the city now its crazy. i've been babying her too (usually cruise in 4th)

this is the most fuel efficient car i've owned so far.
                    Last edited by accordlove; 08-29-2017, 04:02 PM.

Comment

Hmm I was wondering if this thread existed. I drove last night about 70 miles on the highway and I was averaging 80 mph. I think I used about 1/8th of my tank so that's that. Using basic math and how our tanks hold up to 17 gallons, I got about 32 mpg. Pretty nice, not gonna lie.

Then again, my fuel gauge is a bit wonky lol
                      Last edited by blind_peach; 08-29-2017, 05:14 PM.

Comment

Full highway: 34-36 mpg, holding from 70-80mph with ac on.
                        City with summer wheels: ~24mpg, drops to 22/21 with lots of ac and stoplight speeding. Gotta wail on my little a6 to not hold everybody up in traffic.
                        Winter tires drop it pretty bad, usually 19/25 for the city hwy split.

Five speed, all stock still. I keep waiting for the motor to blow but I just don't put the miles on it enough!

Comment

Working...
                        X