Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EXT: DRL high beam with no module

what youll need:
    - i used remote wire had about 6 feet had some left over and i was generous using it.
    - soldering iron
    - solder wire
    - electrical tape

or you could use some of those clips that tap into a wire idk what theyre called instead of soldering.

since this is your high beam please dont use a regular bulb

ok...

my 9005 LED bulbs have the polarity reversed so i already had to use wire to extend the pins. cut off the pins and soldered more wire to the end.

i had previously put high temp silicone in there to keep the pins in place

after soldering extra wire up i twisted them so - was on the negative side and + on the positive side. (doesnt really matter im just OCD like that.) electrical tape the individual wires then heat shrink over them.

then expandable sleeving for that pro look. (only about 6 inches)

positive wire through the corner light whole into the bumper to be soldered there (i already have the bumper light mod.)

ground on driver side

ground on passenger side

end result

i did this in order to have my 9005 stock harness freed up for bi-xenon
    also a kind of cheating way of a DRL with no module.

i just noticed because when my alarm sets or disarms it chirps and flashes corner lights and bumper lights, along with running brake lights and licence plate lights. now because im using the bumper light mod wire for power to my LED highs they also flash really cool

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
    It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

I like this. Pretty cool

Comment

You can buy 9005 plugs at the parts store, so you dont have to glue anything

Since you tapped off the running light I wouldn't call this a DRL. Take it one step further and it will be.

Tap your power from under the dash fuse box and get a ignition signal, use that for your power, then use a spdt relay tap into the headlights and use that so the drls will shut off when you turn them on.
      wat?

Comment

i dont care about DRL really but thats the closest thing to what it is and it needed a title. the reason i didnt just get a harness is because theese bulbs are weird and the pins are on the wrong side and they dont even stay clipped into the harness anyway. this is less bulky anyway

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

Comment

a cheating way of doing it.

your using your running lights sooo...

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

Comment

But once you turn on your headlights, won't these stay on just like the corner lights do?!

Comment

Yup

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

Comment

so you'll be blinding people at night? w/ no option to be able to turn them off?

So they're not really DAYTIME running lights then since they're on whenever your corner lights are on. Find a way to make it shut off when you turn your headlights on.

member's ride thread
                93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                91 Accord SE 176k
                97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

it doesn't blind anyone. Its an led bulb. I want it on all the time because I'm going to have bi-xenon soon. So I turned my high beam into a running light.

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Quashish View Post
                    it doesn't blind anyone. Its an led bulb. I want it on all the time because I'm going to have bi-xenon soon. So I turned my high beam into a running light.
                    I don't know if you know this, but LED lights are usually brighter than halogen bulbs.....

Comment

No its fine its all color the light barely projects out of the housing. Thats why In the first post I say not to use a regular halogen bulb

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

Comment

Working...
                      X