ENG: 4040 proportioning valve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Granite CB7 View Post
    ^DO NOT USE THAT CHART! Even when flipped for the CB's location, 2 of those are still reversed/wrong. You may even want to delete that too, just a suggestion.

Using timmyotool's pic, that is the exact position of the PV. 4040 goes up, black rubber bulb is up, exposed threads up and torx heads down towards the ground. Just like the original PV, nothing has changed. Do not install upside down!!!

Next is the layout of the 4 ports. Your point of view will be looking at the "4040" on the PV from the front of the car (just like in the pic too). Again, same as stock, nothing has changed.

Upper left: front m/c port/fitting (closest to front of vehicle)
    Lower left: rear m/c port/fitting
    Upper right: to front left brake (driver side for us LHD folks)
    Lower right: to front right brake (passenger side)

Hope that helps. Just to say it again, the info above applies to a LHD CB!
    Thank you for coming through once again Granite. Will do on the pic.
    Also, I did grab this from a DA years back. I'm not sure if it says 40/40. I'm assuming this design is 40/40 coming from a DA? I'll have to look at it again. Didn't see the stamp though last time I looked.
    Last edited by jdm_inspired; 03-17-2014, 10:56 PM.

Follow me on IG: @jdm_inspired

93 'til infinity

Comment

^DO NOT USE THAT CHART! Even when flipped for the CB's location, 2 of those are still reversed/wrong. You may even want to delete that too, just a suggestion.

Using timmyotool's pic, that is the exact position of the PV. 4040 goes up, black rubber bulb is up, exposed threads up and torx heads down towards the ground. Just like the original PV, nothing has changed. Do not install upside down!!!

Next is the layout of the 4 ports. Your point of view will be looking at the "4040" on the PV from the front of the car (just like in the pic too). Again, same as stock, nothing has changed.

Hmm I have had my 40/40 prop valve flipped for the cb bracket for years...

Comment

^So you're saying your 4040 PV is flipped and bolted to the chassis using the DA bracket? Over the years I've always read about how the DA bracket is on the wrong side since it's mounted on the pass. side of the DA. My reasoning was the numbers always go up, the rubber bulb is up, etc on both the DA and CB, as well as every other honda I can remember.

Comment

I looked at mine after your post and mine was upside down as well. I figured it distributed it evenly. I'm uncertain if it made a difference since I haven't driven my car in years. Nevertheless, I want things installed the right way.

I did end up flipping it over yesterday and did some modding. I did find the 40/40 stamp.

Anyway, it was difficult wrenching while having the bracket on there on the opposing side of the shock tower and I didnt want to remove the bolts and potentially break the seal, so I dremeled most of the bracket off. At first I was hesitant to dremel it since I was concerned the heat produced from the friction of the cut would burn the seal. It turned out fine. Here's some pics.

It's not perfect but I did round off the edges and it's hardly noticeable. A hell of a lot better than leaving the bracket on, thats for sure.

Follow me on IG: @jdm_inspired

93 'til infinity

Comment

^So you're saying your 4040 PV is flipped and bolted to the chassis using the DA bracket? Over the years I've always read about how the DA bracket is on the wrong side since it's mounted on the pass. side of the DA. My reasoning was the numbers always go up, the rubber bulb is up, etc on both the DA and CB, as well as every other honda I can remember.

I am saying my 40/40 da prop valve is on with my cb bracket. So it's bolted on to the frame as intended. I have this on my 3 cbs that I converted for years with out issues.

Comment

What happens if it's installed upside down?
              The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

^I have no clue if it'd work or not but I did not want to try and find out! Wasn't worth it to me to experiment on something like that. Every Honda PV is oriented the same way, so that's good enough for me.

Comment

Working...
                X