Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clutch pedal doesn't come all the way back up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clutch pedal doesn't come all the way back up.

I got a 92 accord ex coupe 5 speed. My clutch doesn't come all the way back up to resting position. I have to assist it with my foot while i am driving for it to come all the way back up. Which is only a couple of inches but my cruise won't engage like this. I am guessing this is the clutch assist spring causing this. Is this correct. Also sometimes before i start car and depress the clutch it sticks to the bottom. Am again assuming this is related to assist spring. Is this a pretty easy fix if this is the problem?

Originally posted by zedjr10 View Post
    I got a 92 accord ex coupe 5 speed. My clutch doesn't come all the way back up to resting position. I have to assist it with my foot while i am driving for it to come all the way back up. Which is only a couple of inches but my cruise won't engage like this. I am guessing this is the clutch assist spring causing this. Is this correct. Also sometimes before i start car and depress the clutch it sticks to the bottom. Am again assuming this is related to assist spring. Is this a pretty easy fix if this is the problem?
    Nope, can't say I've ever seen a spring go. Most likely your master cylinder went internally and fluid is getting past the seal. Common issue.

Comment

i see a little fluid leaking inside of the boot on the floorboard. So i guess i need to replace the master cylinder. Is this correct? And is there anything else i would need to replace?
      Last edited by zedjr10; 04-25-2017, 11:12 PM.

Comment

If you replace the master, replace the slave too. There's some pretty trick ways to bleed the slave that have been posted recently that I'll try to find for you.

Comment

am going to replace it in stages as i am slow. The master cylinder this weekend as part will be here on friday and the slave cylinder next weekend. So i will have to bleed it twice i guess. No biggie as it seems pretty easy to bleed this system.

Comment

ok all replaced, Slave and master. I have a question as my clutch hardly engages with pedal to floor and had to lift up my floor mats for that. So it needs adjusting am assuming. What bolt do i adjust. I am assuming again that it is that lock nut behind the pedal pin and cotter pin. Is this right?

Comment

Originally posted by zedjr10 View Post
              ok all replaced, Slave and master. I have a question as my clutch hardly engages with pedal to floor and had to lift up my floor mats for that. So it needs adjusting am assuming. What bolt do i adjust. I am assuming again that it is that lock nut behind the pedal pin and cotter pin. Is this right?
              That would be the correct rod.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

ok all done, car is shifting great. Now back to doing my egr ports. The last thing on my fix list(besides abs and front lower ball joints). When i'm done with all this car should run for another 25 years with no maintenance, lol.

Comment

Working...
                X