Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question: Is eBay still best to sell vintage '69 Chevelle parts quick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question: Is eBay still best to sell vintage '69 Chevelle parts quick?

Wife's boss is looking to part out his car (not motor or transmission).

Guess he has mostly exterior items like doors, bumpers & misc. He's looking to move these quick and was wondering about eBay vs. Chevy forums...

Any ideas?
    My Collection:
    93SE Sedan (Cashmere Metallic)
    00EXV6 Sedan (Naples Gold)
    04TSX 6-Spd Navi (Premium White Pearl)

I would say it's typically a good avenue to get the most out of rare or vintage parts.

Quick? Hard to say.

If they don't already sell on eBay there will a delay in getting the funds. The funds will be held by Paypal for up to 21 days. Shipping the items quickly with tracking will speed up the process. Typically the funds are released less than a week after the buyer receives the item(s).

If the items are large like bumpers or fenders I wouldn't recommend eBay. Especially for someone who isn't familiar with shipping costs and methods. An easy way to lose money is under bidding shipping. That's a common rookie mistake every seller seems to make.

If they know someone who's an eBay seller already, like you if you happen to be and the items aren't very large then I'd say go for it.

The fee's and shipping come off the top though. Sometimes you'd lose money over a private sale even though the initial payment on eBay is more than what the private sell would be. Plus what's ones time worth.

Just things to look at.

Comment

Good insight...

Thanks for that!
      My Collection:
      93SE Sedan (Cashmere Metallic)
      00EXV6 Sedan (Naples Gold)
      04TSX 6-Spd Navi (Premium White Pearl)

Comment

I usually rely on Craigslist for big stuff. I get to keep all of my money, and I don't have to worry about shipping. EBay reaches a wider audience, but Craigslist is usually my first stop.

Comment

Originally posted by hiptech View Post
          Good insight...

Thanks for that!
          No problem. 69 Chevelle

Comment

I see on eBay occasionally but have grown to dislike them. Their fees are quite high and it annoys me to no end that they charge a 10% fee on what you charge for shipping. If you have an expensive item that costs a ton to ship, you get fee'd to oblivion. I shipped a truck grille that cost $70 and eBay charged me $7.00 as a fee. The problem is there's are so many sellers who charge so little for items and offer free shipping the average user can't compete.

I typically use the forums / FB groups and CL.

Comment

Final Value Fee. It sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
                Final Value Fee. It sucks.
                Agreed.

The one for shipping goes through me. If you charge what it actually costs to ship, you lose money. If you overcharge to ship, people get annoyed at you for overcharging. It's a lose-lose.

Comment

ive sold almost everything off my 67 camaro minus the body on craigslist. lots of good buyers...plus the usual lowballers
                  I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
                  X