Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

cabin air filter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cabin air filter

I know, 3rd generation has no cabin air filter. I was at a junk yard one day I tried to verify that on my own. I took off the glove box, and just started to tear shit up. Guess what? No freaking air filter! At least not a conventional cabin filter, but I was able to locate the air vent that replenishes the cabin air from the outside element. To my surprise, I saw a pathetic attempt on Honda behalf to address cabin contamination on a CB7. There was a make shift filter made out of what I believe to be a panty whose nylon material. It was covered by a lot dead bugs, feathers, dirt and dust. What ever it was, it constricted foreign contaminants from entering the cabin. I clean it up and that’s when I saw the nylon, serving the purpose as an air filter.
    I challenge anyone else to take the time to the same investigation as I did while at the junk yard.
    I plan in the near future to a modify, possibly installing a cabin air filter for my CB7. I live in NorCal and the pollution and allergies are getting worse for me and my two year old daughter. Why not, its plastic parts that we are talking about right. Maybe this can be a future sticky.
    Laloquera
    Last edited by laloquera; 05-15-2010, 01:55 AM.

just take a large enough cabin filter and chop it into pieces to fit behind your air vents. it slows the air flow a bit but otherwise cuts down on dust n shit.

i also live in nor cal with pissed off allergies and a 1.5 year old.

short of a 300 dollar 3M air vent cleaner there isnt much to do about pre-cabin filter cars.

Bought from: Bisimoto, FuncOvrForm, HondaGuy1212, wed3k, Konigstiger, 1st2run, BillKisme, k-mart, benjerman112

Comment

Seems abit on the ghetto side, but does it work? Never heard of this method. Like I said, when time permits, I’m gonna try to complete this modification. I’m hoping someone will post "hold your horses", and already has successfully attempted this filter modification on their CB7. Yeah right! I'll keep u post it.
      laloquera

Comment

Anyone giving any thought on this issue in the last five years? I have but I have post up at later time, got a lot of project and will put this one on the back burner for the time being. If you got any good idea? post it up.
        Thanks

Comment

Never even thought about this tbh, especially since I drive windows down in my cb(no a/c) but I would be curious to look and see about a cabin air filter mod. Or when was the first year honda installed them on an accord and maybe retrofit it.
          ~Nick~
          FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
          MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

bumparuzki. I have not forgotten about this thread. I heard there is a utube video of a 93 SOL that a guy made. I just cant fine it. This project is next on my list, as soon as install my fog lights.

Comment

I would love to have a cabin filter also.

Comment

Working...
              X