Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

OEM catalytic converter or high flow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OEM catalytic converter or high flow?

I did a search and found some older threads discussing cat deletes. That's not what I'm trying to figure out. I've redone my entire exhaust other then my nasty, dirty and just plain ugly cat. When i look under my car i cringe. Lol. My question is what would be the best option as far as replacing it goes. If anyone that reads this isn't familiar with my cb7. I have short ram intake, dna header, 2.25" piping and a Magnaflow muffler. I'll post a picture of what i see when i look under my car......

As far as direct replacement goes Walker makes decent products and can be found cheaper online if you have patience and keep looking, for performance; nothing will beat no cat but I am not sure of the laws where you reside but here in Texas at 25 year old vehicles no longer need emission testing. I think it will simply boil down to what you want; factory replacement to meet emissions or higher flow to compliment performance mods and increase performance.
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hFNC7Z]

Comment

Originally posted by Crankshaft View Post
      As far as direct replacement goes Walker makes decent products and can be found cheaper online if you have patience and keep looking, for performance; nothing will beat no cat but I am not sure of the laws where you reside but here in Texas at 25 year old vehicles no longer need emission testing. I think it will simply boil down to what you want; factory replacement to meet emissions or higher flow to compliment performance mods and increase performance.
      My car no longer needs emission testing. I'm in Washington. I really don't want any raspiness from my exhaust. I've heard that it can set off a awful smell too. If deleting the cat doesn't improve a noticeable hp gain on say a f22a6 but makes the exhaust tone raspy or loud then i don't want to do it. Does anyone have any personal experiences with cat deletion?

Comment

Don't delete the cat. It will sound terrible, smell terrible, and hurt the environment. Just because you no longer need to inspect the car doesn't mean you should cause more pollution. You will not gain any noticeable amount of power.
        Oem replacement should work just fine. High flow stuff tends not to last as long. A high flow cat won't make much of a difference over a stock cat in regards to power.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
          Don't delete the cat. It will sound terrible, smell terrible, and hurt the environment. Just because you no longer need to inspect the car doesn't mean you should cause more pollution. You will not gain any noticeable amount of power.
          Oem replacement should work just fine. High flow stuff tends not to last as long. A high flow cat won't make much of a difference over a stock cat in regards to power.
          Thank you that's the info was looking for. I really didn't think I'd gain much from cat delete. I guess i was think a high flow cat would help for flow and at the same time still not pollute the air. I'm gonna go with oem replacement. Actually I'm gonna look for a oem cat with the same inlet and outlet i have. Shouldn't be hard at all.

Comment

Working...
          X