f*%cking pothole!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

f*%cking pothole!!!

well today i was driving while my chick was yapping in my ear..and i see a big ass pothole..but i swerve to late and hit it...i get home..and see that it put a dent in my rim.... how do i repair this..should i just try to hit it with a hammer or what??? should i tell the city to pay for it ..i mean this pothole was like the size of a bathroom sink..

any input would be appreciated..thanks. btw i did a search..couldnt find anything.

i have heard of a company that can fix bent rims in fargo ND so you shouldn't have any trouble finding one. to fix one of my old motegis they quoted me 170.00 bones. i just sold them. as for the city paying to fix it i would count on it, it couldn't hurt to let them know about it so nobody else goes and bends a volk or something though, know what im sayin.

Comment

if you hit it with a hammer, it my crack when it bends back. i would try to get your city to flip the bill. later.
      Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

There are potholes in Florida???? My friends make it sound like there aren't any.

Most wheel shops can fix it up for you, BTW.

Comment

Goodluck trying to see the money back from the city. They cancelled that shit and they wont pay for that shit you wont shit that shit come back for like 3 years believe me i know my cousin just say the damage the shit did to his car the city left a pothole in the street hes just now gettin it after 3 long ass years after busting his oilpan.

Comment

thanks for all your help guys.... these are pics of my rim..do you think it would be safe to drive around on??..

I think im gonna check out some rim shops as suggested to see if they can fix them..but im not paying over 50 bucks!

Comment

mine was on the inside and would loose air in the course of a day. so i just took them off so i wouldn't mess up my side wall ridin around flat.

Comment

Thats a pretty nice bend.. if its not leaking air, it should be fine for now.. but i would suggest just finding another one.

Comment

thanks for your help everyone..im gonna put the stock ones back on... the wheel is out of balance..and at low speeds knocks... i appreciate your help guys..my favortie forum on the planet !!

Comment

your rim is fucked get another one i was in the same postion before not worth it . I bent all my rims in NYC it was shittywith low-profile tires that rim is made out of aluminum theyll have to torch it and bang it back intop place not worth it the rim wont look the same take a loss and buy another one or go with stock rims and hook those up its hard to bend those you have to be a real jackass to bend them just put some fat ass tires on them.

Comment

Originally posted by 93EXaesthetic
                      ... i appreciate your help guys..my favortie forum on the planet !!
                      Damn skippy! I agree, that rim needs to be replaced completely. Complain about that pothole and see if you get your money back. Save receipts and such.

Comment

you can just buy my volks instead.
                        Adam - Retired OG member from '03
                        2010 Lexus IS-F : Starfire Pearl
                        2009 Yamaha R1 Raven : Black on Black
                        2002 Lexus IS300 : Crystal White Pearl / Black Leather

.. i HAD more shaved on my accord than your girl does on her entire body..

Comment

Originally posted by rebels
                          you can just buy my volks instead.
                          how much do they weigh?/? what size are they/ i found that my stock ones are lighter than my low pro rims....maybe that was because i only had 15 psi in my stock..i wonder how many pounds i added at 40 psi.....

Comment

Originally posted by 93EXaesthetic
                            how much do they weigh?/? what size are they/ i found that my stock ones are lighter than my low pro rims....maybe that was because i only had 15 psi in my stock..i wonder how many pounds i added at 40 psi.....
                            each rim weighs 17.5lbs i believe, and they are 3 pieces. thats a benefit because if you do somehow bend a volk (hard to do).. you can just replace part of the rim instead of the whole thing.

they are 18's with new pirelli p zero nero 215/40/18 tires.
                            Adam - Retired OG member from '03
                            2010 Lexus IS-F : Starfire Pearl
                            2009 Yamaha R1 Raven : Black on Black
                            2002 Lexus IS300 : Crystal White Pearl / Black Leather

.. i HAD more shaved on my accord than your girl does on her entire body..

Comment

Originally posted by rebels
                              each rim weighs 17.5lbs i believe, and they are 3 pieces. thats a benefit because if you do somehow bend a volk (hard to do).. you can just replace part of the rim instead of the whole thing.

they are 18's with new pirelli p zero nero 215/40/18 tires.
                              hmmm...how much ???...and how much do they whey with the rubber and 35 psi?? also are they black?? any pics!..thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X