No announcement yet.

SUSP: ABS removal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think that my brake booster is shot or not working properly with this set up.

I can confirm that fluid is moving though all lines and there's basically no air in the system. However, with the car off, no matter how many times I pump the brake pedal, it will not get firm. It just keeps pushing all the way to the floor.

I'm not sure if it's the check valve or the brake booster. I'll soon find out and confirm. I'll probably go get a non ABS booster and see if that works.
    The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

I did the check valve blow test, and it passed. It's working.

I went ahead and picked up a brake booster as I think this is this culprit. I've damn near replaced every component on this car.

My set as of new booster:

Complete ABS removal.
      '92/'93 Accord EX master cylinder (MC).
      '92/'93 Accord EX booster for ABS model.
      ITR 40/40 proportioning valve.
      Stock rear brake lines.
      Custom Ran Lines to the front calipers and to the MC.
      The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

I'll be doing this tomorrow. Always nice to read a good DIY write up before tackling a job such as this, even for an experienced mechanic.

Comment

^ Mike, your CB is bad ass man.

Alright so I've been collecting parts to do this and was looking at a couple cb's in the yard today.

What's meant by front brake lines? I'm guessing the hard lines that start at each wheel well all the way to the master cylinder (passenger side runs along the firewall) ?
          RIP '91 LX.

Comment

That's correct. You'll need the hard lines that go from both front wheel wells to the proportioning valve under the masyer cylinder as well as the lines from the proportioning valve to the master cylinder.

Comment

Working...
            X