Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

92 EX, a little more umph?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

92 EX, a little more umph?

I've got a 92 EX that turned 200,000 last weekend. Still going strong. This past week I've test driven a couple of newer cars, just in case something bugs out on my well worn and loved Honda. So far, nothing. I've tried a couple different Saab's (suspension's are WAY too soft), a Volvo (weird interior and you're supposed to use 93 octane) and an older Benz (see both complaints).

The newer Accords are a little too big, and the new Civics are a little too small. A TSX might be what the Dr. ordered, but the model is so new (2004?) I can't really seem to find a decent used one.

So here's my thinking - My 92 EX is still going strong, is cheap to maintain and costs me nothing ($32 monthly) to insure. Oh yeah, and 30 mpg on 87 octane! As I'm finding, its a better car than I thought it was, driving wise.

I work in parts for a large American diesel company, but no knowledge about car tuning. I can change my own oil, headlights, stereo, filters, etc. and thats about it. Are there any low-cost mods I can do to get a little more "umph" out of the car? 0-60 isn't a concern, and neither is top-speed. I just want more acceleration in the 40-80 mph area, affordably, something I could add on myself of have done cheaply, and that won't majorly impact my fuel economy.

Long post - sorry, open to all suggestion, thanks in advance.

No idea which engine I have, F22A1 or F22A6, both are listed for '92's.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=109677

here you go man. check that link out. has all the info you need and links to other threads with even more info. hope this helps

Comment

You have EX , you have F22A6.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
      1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
      2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
      2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
      2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
      2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

You have a F22a6.

Grab a Header, Intake, A H23 Upper plenum double stack the IAB plates.

that should be around 15 hp there. A Freeflowing, but yet quiet will cost you a pretty penny.
        wat?

Comment

Originally posted by fpoon View Post
          I've got a 92 EX that turned 200,000 last weekend. Still going strong. This past week I've test driven a couple of newer cars, just in case something bugs out on my well worn and loved Honda. So far, nothing. I've tried a couple different Saab's (suspension's are WAY too soft), a Volvo (weird interior and you're supposed to use 93 octane) and an older Benz (see both complaints).

The newer Accords are a little too big, and the new Civics are a little too small. A TSX might be what the Dr. ordered, but the model is so new (2004?) I can't really seem to find a decent used one.

So here's my thinking - My 92 EX is still going strong, is cheap to maintain and costs me nothing ($32 monthly) to insure. Oh yeah, and 30 mpg on 87 octane! As I'm finding, its a better car than I thought it was, driving wise.

I work in parts for a large American diesel company, but no knowledge about car tuning. I can change my own oil, headlights, stereo, filters, etc. and thats about it. Are there any low-cost mods I can do to get a little more "umph" out of the car? 0-60 isn't a concern, and neither is top-speed. I just want more acceleration in the 40-80 mph area, affordably, something I could add on myself of have done cheaply, and that won't majorly impact my fuel economy.

Long post - sorry, open to all suggestion, thanks in advance.

No idea which engine I have, F22A1 or F22A6, both are listed for '92's.
          $32/month? Those Geico bastards are rippin me off!
          Anyway, if you do the H23 plenum swap, I recommend finding and installing a S2000 throttle body for cheap.

"The fault-finder will find faults even in paradise. Love your life, poor as it is. You may perhaps have some pleasant, thrilling, glorious hours, even in a poorhouse."-Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by IAmTheNight View Post
            $32/month? Those Geico bastards are rippin me off!
            Anyway, if you do the H23 plenum swap, I recommend finding and installing a S2000 throttle body for cheap.

i only pay like $41 a month

Comment

I would go for the headers. They look nice and give you a little extra HP. If money is tight, it should be since you don't pay anything for insurance, look for used headers. I am currently looking for a some for my 91. I just have to fix this idling problem I have. I think i'm going to buy a club and install it on my steering wheel and see if i can lower my premium. lol

Comment

I pay 65 w/ 2 criminal tickets, and a bunch of other tickets, and I'm 21.

member's ride thread
                93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                91 Accord SE 176k
                97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

i pay like 500 every 6 mounths lots of tickets well like 3 or 4 and im 19 and where i live ppl cant drive so it is always more around here

93 EX COUPE, F22A6 turbo project
                  http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...45#post1615845
                  96 lexus sc300 DD
                  http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=143563

back from basic.... off to ait.... CB still being worked on i have mad plans for it .. sorry cant tell its on the hush hush for now but all i can say in somewhere around 500 hp soon to come..

Comment

shit you guys are lucky. i pay 150 a month. but thats full coverage. lol.
                    miss my turbo cb7
                    moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

212 a month

18 years old...

got two speeding tickets, but the rate was 212 before th tickets and still hasn't jumped

but anyway. There are a lot of oem parts that are interchangeable with our engine that will yield a higher hp and torque number. One of which is putting a gutted iab plate in your plenum.

Once you figure out what your plenum is, where it is, you will be able to do it easy peasy.
                      There is a diy on here on how to do it. When I did it, the first thing I noticed was being easier to pass in 5th gear at around 50ish miles an hour
                      Last edited by CB7lx91; 07-15-2008, 04:03 PM. Reason: i spelt like a chicken on acid

^^click it or ticket^^

Comment

there is no need to have full coverage on a 15+ year old car. absolutely no reason AT ALL.

i pay 54 bucks a month for fire, theft, and comprehensive. i've also got a driving record that needed 2 pages to list all of the infractions. you guys are fucking yourselves big time. change your policy and put 100 a month into a savings account so if you crash your car, you cna buy another one.

Comment

Working...
                        X