CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Beginner forum -- New members post here! > Beginner "Off Topic"

Old 08-09-2019, 03:52 PM   #101
Jarrett
Contributing Member

Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to Jarrett
Assuming the entire kit was for this Accord, the upper manifold will not bolt up to cylinder head. You'll need the header for an H22A. In the case of our cars, the '92-'96 Prelude Si VTEC offers an exact fit to our catalytic converter location.
Old 08-09-2019, 07:01 PM   #102
smac
CB7tuner Member

smac is cool... so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrett View Post
Assuming the entire kit was for this Accord, the upper manifold will not bolt up to cylinder head. You'll need the header for an H22A. In the case of our cars, the '92-'96 Prelude Si VTEC offers an exact fit to our catalytic converter location.
It was for our accord and is already bolted on. They just left from the downpipe back unhooked for now. I took a pic and it looks pretty good.
smac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 07:16 PM   #103
Jarrett
Contributing Member

Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to Jarrett
You're saying that you have a header that was made for a '90-'93 Accord with an F22A bolted to the head of an F20B?
Old 08-09-2019, 09:04 PM   #104
smac
CB7tuner Member

smac is cool... so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrett View Post
You're saying that you have a header that was made for a '90-'93 Accord with an F22A bolted to the head of an F20B?
no, it is for h22a/f20b full exhaust header back for 90-93 accord
I cant find where I got it from but think ebay. I was not sure how or if it would line up to stock, so I bought the whole header back.
Old 08-27-2020, 06:38 PM   #105
smac
CB7tuner Member

smac is cool... so far.
Man its been way to long... I lost a family member and it really hurts. This project along with my life took a "backseat" I guess we could say..

I am reporting today that the car is 90% complete. It runs and drives but needs tune now.
I need help. When I finally got the motor dropped in and wired up, somehow I was missing my down pipe. My car moved from one shop to someones house where the job was completed, so when I picked up the car, it was with open header. It took me a month or so but finally I got the exhaust on right. I hate it however, because my muffler is SO loud. I will most likely buy a Vibrant as the exhaust is way too loud and poppy. I am more of a sleeper type of guy.

I need help with 2 major issues:

The 1st issue is after the exhaust was completed, the car ran pretty good other than a really bad shake and wobble under acceleration coming from the front wheels. If I take off slow and ease into it, its not really as noticeable. My thoughts were hubs or tires perhaps? The hubs are new for front so I doubt there bad, however the tires are really old and need replacing.

The 2nd and more important issue is that my car started running like its missing really bad and I had a CEL for o2 sensor. The o2 I know about because when my exhaust was finished, the o2 wasnt installed and got lost. I just ordered a new one ( denso I think ) and installed it and that cleared the CEL.
Before when I test drove my car for a couple times over a 2-3 month period, the car ran good except for the exhaust smelling terrible and the open header. Then about a month ago without any change or incident that I can think of or rememeber, the stutter/miss-fire feeling started. Even now with o2 and NO CEL's, the car runs rough. The idle sounds normal from under hood, but at tailpipe you hear what sounds like a slight miss-fire. I did the RPM test ( pull a coil while running ) and all 4 cylinders dropped like they should. While driving the car with this issue, at times it starts to take off as should it feels, built then it starts making bog noise and feels like something is holding the car back or its clogged.
Any suggestions here and what should be checked next?

as reminder my setup is

f20b auto version
Bought separate type S cams from H22A Euro ( I think this makes the engine back to manual version but not sure about that )
manual M2A4
Ktuned bal shaft removed and manual tensioner
Burton Racing COP setup
AEM fuel rail
Rosko EGR block off
Rosko IACV block off
4-2-1 header 3 all the way back to 4 tip
Hondata s300 on P28ECU running base f20b map ( the installer had some issued with this map but said he re-loaded it and all worked as should )
Old 08-28-2020, 01:23 PM   #106
Rilas
Gold Member

Rilas seems to have made some friends!
Is one of your coils going bad? You won't get a CEL for that, but it could be the culprit. Read your spark plugs this will give you a hint of what might be going on. On a cylinder per cylinder basis.
Old 08-28-2020, 06:38 PM   #107
smac
CB7tuner Member

smac is cool... so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rilas View Post
Is one of your coils going bad? You won't get a CEL for that, but it could be the culprit. Read your spark plugs this will give you a hint of what might be going on. On a cylinder per cylinder basis.

So I checked each coil 1 at a time and all seem strong shocking the crap out of me while I was pulling them out of the cylinder. I know its not the best test, but the RPM drop test is what I did and when I touched close to the end of the coil, they shocked me good. I feel all four are good to go.

I just changed all 4 spark plugs to NGK Iridium IX Spark plug BKR8EIX from BKR7's and this is what I found.
The coil for cylinder 1 had white substance at very bottom and 3 had a touch of oil/gas mix but other 2 seemed clean.
cylinder 1,3,and 4 spark plugs were rusted at base and soaked with gas
Cylinder 3 had a touch of oil on it also.
cylinder 2 was only one that seemed normal.
Some of this I expected because I ran the car around the block a couple times without an o2 sensor while getting exhaust fixed and know for a fact it was super rich.
I will test drive the car later tonight and report back.

I also will try and upload the pic I took of the coils out and spark plugs.

Thanks for all input and I will report back shortly.
Old 08-31-2020, 08:19 PM   #108
smac
CB7tuner Member

smac is cool... so far.
Its been poring rain everyday so I havent had a chance to test drive the car again or look at it further...

I am gonna pull the injectors one at a time to t-shoot them next. I will listen for pulsing/ticking also.

This sucks overall cause I am SO ready to have this car 100%

On positive notes, I scored rear disc brake setup and a spoiler. I thought I scored an oem front lip but someone got to it before I did. Man those lips are REALLY hard to find??
Old 09-04-2020, 04:47 PM   #109
G. Wiffington
CB7tuner Member

G. Wiffington seems to have made some friends! G. Wiffington seems to have made some friends!
What ECU are you running?

I got lost in all the posts but it said you have an F20B??

Maybe the computer is kinda confused because you said you have an open header so the O2 probably isn't reading correctly being as oxygen is now
more present.

Also, the injectors could be dirty/clogged up from sitting around so long.

Sorry I reread, I see P28 Hondata..with a "basemap" or an actual tune? They are completely different. You would be surprised how far
off the AFR's & timing can be with a basemap.

Wideband? If so what are the AFRs while idling, part throttle, etc.?
Old 09-05-2020, 03:10 AM   #110
blazercrx
CB7tuner Member

blazercrx is cool... so far.
It's worth mentioning not to overlook your air filter or fuel filter systems. If the gas has been sitting for any length of time it could have clogged some components up like G. Wiffington suggested.

Another thing, from my own experience, double check the wiring for the injectors and coils to make sure they are at the right location at the ECU. My crx ran like you described and my #2 and #4 injector wires were in the others pin spots. I'm still learning about the cb7 swaps myself, so forgive me if this doesn't apply to your setup.
blazercrx is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: