Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

What is your headlight lighting setup? (9006, HID, etc.)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you do the projector retro, WAIT, TRS is right around the corner on releasing the Mini D2S 3.0 which will be on par with lower end OEM setups while being retardedly easy to install (threaded flange through the stock bulb hole).

Originally posted by lordoja
    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Morimoto 5K (H4) HID kit with relay harness.

Comment

Trs is a couple minutes from my place, I wonder if I could get us a discount like they have on m8g.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

that would be sweet im gunna want to buy bulbs soon, going to try 5000k. the price used to be $70 for a pair its only $65 now, (at least for the XB35s) but if they would give us a sale price for some reason, that would be awesome.

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
          It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

In my CD7, I have a drop in HID kit. It's terrible. Light output is low and the color is a bit too 'blue' for my tastes. I got it for free, luckily, from a friend who works at a dealership and took them off a trade-in. Not even sure on the brand. I love Silverstars, but as said, they WILL burn out more quickly than other regular bulbs. I'll probably end up going with Silverstars again, but the PIAA Super Plasmas and Xtreme Whites have been getting decent reviews, too/

'98 Prelude resto/mod thread

Comment

Stock bulbs bitches. I never ran hid's b4 in my car don't need to even tho they r cheap.. I always ran Silver Stars but they are $20 each and we have 4 bulbs =(
              **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
              Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
              Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Lows=Sylvania SilverStar Ultras-Very white bright light, best I`ve had for just a halogen, pricey though.

Highs=Putco Jet Yellow

Putco makes quality stuff, I have their LEDs all through out my car.

Project:Black Skittle

AOM->April 2014

MRT->http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=199779

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
                  If you do the projector retro, WAIT, TRS is right around the corner on releasing the Mini D2S 3.0 which will be on par with lower end OEM setups while being retardedly easy to install (threaded flange through the stock bulb hole).
                  this.

TRS just released the 3.0....retrofitters world wide are going ape-shit. I was just about to go for an FX-R retro but it looks like the d2s 3.0 will be as good or better while being way easier to retrofit...might have to snag a pair real soon.

anyways, here's my old d2s 2.0 setup...

90-91 JDM Headlights, retrofit w/Morimoto-Mini D2S Projectors running 35w ultra-slim V-HID ballasts and 4.3k Phillips 85122+ D2S HID bulbs. The retrofit is like 2years old now and is solid. No issues so far. The projectors are bi-xenon so they have a low and high beam pattern. No real need for additional high-beams...but my highs are halogen H1 with the reflectors tinted yellow.

headlamp close-up:

low-beam pattern:

high-beam pattern (H1 halogen highs not shown):

OP, the general consensus is that HIDs in projectors are the [only] way to go. So please don't run HIDs unless you're using them with HID projectors. And now that the D2S 3.0 is out you can have the baddest lights on the block for cheap.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Ahhh the 3.0s are out. Yeah...time to try to get that discount.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

I just checked out the d2s 3.0 and im really tempted to get them. $140 For the projectors themselves is cheap. I would need the d2s ballasts because they're different than mine but still... wow. I wish i could.

The optional square lense is sick! I seen the square projectors on a Hyundai SUV and i was thinking that would look perfect on a CB Becasuse of our body. I WANT!

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
                      It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

I'm running Depo replicas of the JDM blackhoused headlights (5th Gen), and I've really been leaning towards retrofitting them to daily, and picking up a set of authentic JDM lights for meets and such. Because honestly, the light output on the stock lights isn't that great lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Quashish View Post
                          I just checked out the d2s 3.0 and im really tempted to get them. $140 For the projectors themselves is cheap. I would need the d2s ballasts because they're different than mine but still... wow. I wish i could.

You wouldn't need new ballasts, just AMP-D2S adapters..http://www.theretrofitsource.com/acc...l#.UtPux7TWP00

These are what im using to run my d2s 2.0 since i already had an AMP PnP kit..

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

jdm blk housed 1pcers, tsx projectors retrofitted in, oem matsushita ballasts, retrofit source wiring harness, d2r 6000k bulbs. h1 yellow high beams. amber led corner lights.
                            <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

Originally posted by islandhopper View Post
                              You wouldn't need new ballasts, just AMP-D2S adapters..http://www.theretrofitsource.com/acc...l#.UtPux7TWP00

These are what im using to run my d2s 2.0 since i already had an AMP PnP kit..
                              Yep, same exact setup on my bike. Just ordered an extension wire and new ballast actually so I could keep it under the seat (water damage...)

Originally posted by tommi View Post
                              jdm blk housed 1pcers, tsx projectors retrofitted in, oem matsushita ballasts, retrofit source wiring harness, d2r 6000k bulbs. h1 yellow high beams. amber led corner lights.

Originally posted by lordoja
                              im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Working...
                              X