Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking good Scott
    "I'm a dude playing a dude, disguised as another dude"
    "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

Romans 10:9
    ><((((º>

Comment

Originally posted by bigjoegood1 View Post
      Looking good Scott
      Thanks bigjoe. Haven't seen you around in awhile.
      The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

nice 3pt bar!
        Blake.
        1994 Accord Part out!
        Me and my step dad's 1991 Accord EX Coupe MRT

82 accord-rip, 94 geo-sold, 82 cavilier-rip,81 civic-rip,88 accord- rip, 88 legend- rip, 91 civic- sold,97 geo-sold, 92 accord- sold 94 accord- RIP, 1990 Camry- RIP

Comment

Originally posted by Dark_Accord View Post
          nice 3pt bar!
          I like it a lot. Highly recommend them. It is very noticeably effective.

Comment

Pulled the dash back apart today. Going to finish wiring the dome light, try to make the wiring harness adaptor for the cluster more slimline in profile and will get the cluster to fit better.

Also have a new gauge bezel to install, so hopefully, by the time I am done, it will fit more like CB7Man's.

Comment

What bezel are you switching too?
              Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
              Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
              Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
              Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
              Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
              Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by fatboy1185 View Post
                What bezel are you switching too?
                Keeping the Lude cluster, but have a new stock surround, since the old one got too hacked up.

In measuring, I think if I relief cut the back panel of the cluster compartment, I can probably get it to sit back far enough on the top. I may have to make 2 small reliefs on the cluster where the stock screws go in up top, but overall, it SHOULD fit in pretty much without trimming the bezel/surround, if my measurements are close. That and having the dome light actually working again, will be nice. Trimming behind the cluster and tiny bits of the cluster itself would be ideal, because that way the bezel looks stock, and frankly, the lude cluster lines up with it almost perfectly. CB7Man got it to work for him, so I know its possible. And his fits like stock.
                Last edited by owequitit; 03-02-2010, 02:46 AM.

Comment

Yeah, I was afraid to trim the cluster itself, so I ended up shaving the top of the bezel trim piece. It doesn't sit perfectly flush like stock, but it's relatively close, and with me being 6'6'', I don't see down there too well anyways lol. There isn't noticeable gaps on the sides, but I still feel like the cluster is angled a little oddly. The prelude cluster is very sharply angled anyways, so maybe I'm just not used to it.

Comment

Originally posted by fatboy1185 View Post
                    Yeah, I was afraid to trim the cluster itself, so I ended up shaving the top of the bezel trim piece. It doesn't sit perfectly flush like stock, but it's relatively close, and with me being 6'6'', I don't see down there too well anyways lol. There isn't noticeable gaps on the sides, but I still feel like the cluster is angled a little oddly. The prelude cluster is very sharply angled anyways, so maybe I'm just not used to it.
                    Yeah, I know what you are saying. It sits at a more normal angle if you could tuck behind the spot where the bezel screws go in, but that would probably require some serious trimming. I may do it though. We will see how it comes out. Theoretically, if the cluster lines up with the bezel, which lines up with the dash, it SHOULD solve itself. I thought it sat a little angled downward the way I had it before, so I am going to try and fix that. it just made it kinda weird to look at.

Comment

yeah, it definitely has a much sharper slant to it than the Accord cluster.

Comment

Modified the dash, cluster and bezel so that the Lude cluster sits like stock, joins the stock bezel like stock, sits at the right angle like stock, and is mounted securely like stock.

All I have to do now is to finish the wiring harness for the dome light, since I have it all back apart now. Should have that done and everything buttoned up by tonight or tomorrow.

Also, finally got new tags on it, and drove it for the first time last night since before Christmas. Not very far though, just far enough to make sure everything fit properly and was still working.

Now that the weather is getting warmer, I am getting more interested in the car again.

Comment

Scott, seriously I love your car. Can't wait for the bumps to get fixed, and for you to decide to black out the trim. It's definitely AOM material.

Comment

Pics of the new cluster. Dome and "door ajar" light work as intended. It is nice to finally have this project buttoned up.

Comment

good work scott

Ride List
                              1990 Accord dx coupe - my baby (dsm turbo set up in progress) http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3202853
                              2005 Mazda 6s - daily driver http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3171724(totaled)
                              newest 2006 mazdaspeed 6 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/4073987/2006-mazda-mazda6

Comment

Originally posted by mj213 View Post
                                Scott, seriously I love your car. Can't wait for the bumps to get fixed, and for you to decide to black out the trim. It's definitely AOM material.
                                Thanks Matt. Glad we could get some of your issues worked out.

It is almost cruise time. Had to put air in the tires, and forgot how much I love driving this thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X