h22a tune up specs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

h22a tune up specs

is there a thread dedicated to tune-up/general maintenance on h-series motors? like how they have beginner tech for the f motors. spark plug recommendations, spark plug gap etc.

i plan on changin out my plugs this weekend. so far the best recommended from my research is NGK's with 0.44 gap. any significant differences between V-Power and GP Platinum?
    RIP '91 LX.

Originally posted by youngflyndsaved View Post
    is there a thread dedicated to tune-up/general maintenance on h-series motors? like how they have beginner tech for the f motors. spark plug recommendations, spark plug gap etc.

i plan on changin out my plugs this weekend. so far the best recommended from my research is NGK's with 0.44 gap. any significant differences between V-Power and GP Platinum?
    Just a comment on the plugs, go E3 and never look back. And E3's are pre gapped, and cant move.
    Originally posted by Mishakol129
    Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Originally posted by dj_ender View Post
      Just a comment on the plugs, go E3 and never look back. And E3's are pre gapped, and cant move.
      i've never heard of those plugs until u mentioned them to me. so i started to do some research on them and i read a lot of negative feedback about the prolonged performance of the e3's. and i don't know much about spark plugs but everything else i've read always recommended NGK or Denso so that's what i wanted to stick with.

this thread was one of the negatives: http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?p=41612636

and i forgot to mention my engine is almost completely stock so i don't plan to run extreme performance plugs, just something reliable. but as far as high performance i've heard Brisk USA makes some of the best ones.
      RIP '91 LX.

Comment

FYI, H22s come stock with Platinum tipped plugs. So at the bare minimum I would go that. I went with the NGK Iridium IXs though...they give you a hotter spark and have an iridium center so they'll last you a really long time, I think 90k miles

member's ride thread
        93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
        99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
        91 Accord SE 176k
        97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

i've never heard of those plugs until u mentioned them to me. so i started to do some research on them and i read a lot of negative feedback about the prolonged performance of the e3's. and i don't know much about spark plugs but everything else i've read always recommended NGK or Denso so that's what i wanted to stick with.

this thread was one of the negatives: http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?p=41612636

and i forgot to mention my engine is almost completely stock so i don't plan to run extreme performance plugs, just something reliable. but as far as high performance i've heard Brisk USA makes some of the best ones.
          I've never heard of negative feedback about E3's, but I'm sure there are some out there. In my experience, they are awesome, instant performance increase, and not TOO expensive, about $6 a plug. And the E3's arent "extreme performance" plugs, just a really good upgrade.

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
            FYI, H22s come stock with Platinum tipped plugs. So at the bare minimum I would go that. I went with the NGK Iridium IXs though...they give you a hotter spark and have an iridium center so they'll last you a really long time, I think 90k miles
            definitely gettin NGK's this time. idk about Iridiums cuz they're 12 a plug but either GP or V-powers. when you say a hotter spark, does that mean the Iridiums give a hotter spark than the NGK GP's or V-powers? i've been reading and it says they all give about the same performance other than the longevity of the plugs. v-powers 6k (or somethin like that), iridiums 90k etc. and as the NGK's go up in price, the longer they last but they all have similar performance.
            RIP '91 LX.

Comment

I've never heard of negative feedback about E3's, but I'm sure there are some out there. In my experience, they are awesome, instant performance increase, and not TOO expensive, about $6 a plug. And the E3's arent "extreme performance" plugs, just a really good upgrade.
              yeah there's always negative feedback about somethin. u can't please everybody so i guess it boils down to opinions or how hard u drive them. how long have u had urs last? and how often do u drive? how hard do u drive it?
              RIP '91 LX.

Comment

yeah there's always negative feedback about somethin. u can't please everybody so i guess it boils down to opinions or how hard u drive them. how long have u had urs last? and how often do u drive? how hard do u drive it?
                Ive had mine for about 6 months? and I drive everyday, usually a lot per day. Lol and I drive my car pretty hard. I recently pulled the plugs when I did my valve adjustment, and they were fine. The only thing was cylinders 3 and 4 had a rust color on them, but I think that was due to using my cleaned and oiled filter too soon and sucking filter oil into the engine, and possibly because coolant was getting into the IM. That aside, the contacts were in perfect working order. And I still love them.

Comment

definitely gettin NGK's this time. idk about Iridiums cuz they're 12 a plug but either GP or V-powers. when you say a hotter spark, does that mean the Iridiums give a hotter spark than the NGK GP's or V-powers? i've been reading and it says they all give about the same performance other than the longevity of the plugs. v-powers 6k (or somethin like that), iridiums 90k etc. and as the NGK's go up in price, the longer they last but they all have similar performance.
                  I paid 8 bucks a plug at Autozone, they weren't on sale either.

member's ride thread
                  93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                  99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                  91 Accord SE 176k
                  97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Ive had mine for about 6 months? and I drive everyday, usually a lot per day. Lol and I drive my car pretty hard. I recently pulled the plugs when I did my valve adjustment, and they were fine. The only thing was cylinders 3 and 4 had a rust color on them, but I think that was due to using my cleaned and oiled filter too soon and sucking filter oil into the engine, and possibly because coolant was getting into the IM. That aside, the contacts were in perfect working order. And I still love them.
                    ur engine is stock as well? and was it a noticable performance increase? i need to get in there and adjust my valves too.. i just haven't figured out where to get one those special valve adjusting tools. i may have to try out those e3's myself one day just to play with them.
                    RIP '91 LX.

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
                      I paid 8 bucks a plug at Autozone, they weren't on sale either.
                      i ended up goin with the Iridium IX's after all . u were right i got mine for 6.99 a plug. came out to 30.24. the Double Platinums were the ones that were around 11 a plug.
                      RIP '91 LX.

Comment

ur engine is stock as well? and was it a noticable performance increase? i need to get in there and adjust my valves too.. i just haven't figured out where to get one those special valve adjusting tools. i may have to try out those e3's myself one day just to play with them.
                        No it's not stock, basic bolt ons, and yes it was a very noticeable.

Comment

Working...
                        X