cb9love : 1995 Honda Odyssey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cb9love : 1995 Honda Odyssey

photos by Hayleigh and Holly (my 9 and 8 yr old daughters)

engine:
    new fel pro valve cover gaskets as well as oil pan exhaust gaskets and new oem rear main seal
    new wix oil filter and microguard air filter, rotella 10w-30 and maxlife atf top off
    new denso o2 sensor
    new ngk spark plugs
    new yec rotor
    new yec distributor cap
    new ngk spark plug wires
    new gates timing belt and water pump
    Suspension:
    new front moog springs
    new front and rear rotors and ceramic pads
    new kyb excel g shocks front and rear
    used cusco front strut tower bar
    energy suspension front poly bushing kit
    used set of 17x7 offset 37mm rims with 215/50/17 tires mounted and balanced.

I also had to replace the motor. The PO must have run it low on oil before selling it. The cam spun and the crank threw #3 rod and put a hole in the block.
    Now that I have the maintence caught up i can see about making it a little prettier.
    I haven't forgot about my wagon or my motor build. I have just been a little busy getting the wife out of the 2000 Civic coupe and into a 1995 Odyssey.
    Apparently the kids were getting to big for the backseat of the coupe.
    CB7TUNER.com
    Educating each other one car at a time.

my favorite van

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
    01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
    93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
    93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

You need this in your life. H23 VTEC I did over the summer.

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
      JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

Originally posted by djcaz_aom View Post
        You need this in your life. H23 VTEC I did over the summer.

that is a nice swap there but,
        Don't tell the wife, after the wagon motor is done the ody will get a single slam non-vtec rear mount turbo and 5-speed swap.(remount used w/permission of bunkaccord)
        CB7TUNER.com

Comment

A rear mounted turbo, hell ya! Other than what looks to be cancer on the left rear, she looks really good.

Comment

Nice swap DJCAZ! Cb9love- I have a 95 as well, they're great vans. I know nobody is a fan of rotted brake lines but here's an area you may want to check on; above the rear sway bar is a load sensing proportion valve. Those brake lines tend to get really rusty back there where the protective black plastic terminates. Perhaps check that area and any other areas out and keep those problem areas sprayed with a heavy oil like Fluid Film. If kept up with, this will stop the rust from getting worse. Check out the power steering hardlines too, those would be awful to replace too as they snake through the rear crossmember.

Comment

Thank you for the heads up Granite,
              I will make that part of my maintenance and inspections.
              The underside is surprisingly rust free, especially considering the Honda rot on the rear quarters.
              CB7TUNER.com

Comment

Very nice! i have a 1995 RA1 also.. im on my phone but ill try and post pictures.
                Originally posted by deevergote
                wen yous in da import seen yo, u gotta tipe lyke yous from da streetz cuz it showz dat u git mad rezpect yo. toonerz dun tipe lyke dey gotz a edjakashun cuz dat aint coo.

Comment

dont know if this is going to work through my phone.
                  wen yous in da import seen yo, u gotta tipe lyke yous from da streetz cuz it showz dat u git mad rezpect yo. toonerz dun tipe lyke dey gotz a edjakashun cuz dat aint coo.

Comment

Comment

This is how it is right now.. just finished swapping h23a1 in it.

Comment

Love this generation ody. Actually is my favorite. Is that all rust on the driver's side rear quarter panel? If so that sucks
                        Otherwise a really clean van that you have there. I rarely ever see any around here but I did however see an old NYC Isuzu Oasis!!!! Basically was the same van just a rebadged version.
                        Are the rims oem? They look awfully big to be oem for 1995 ?
                        I know you did not do the dual exhaust but that upgrade looks impressive. I have yet to see, in person, a dual exhaust van.

Good luck with keep it on the road!

Comment

Working...
                        X