Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

cb7 whip project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cb7 whip project

So the stroy begins, a friend bought a new car and was selling his cb7 91ex sedan while I was l for lexus gs300 cuz I needed a 4dr. So I ask how much for his accord he said 400$ but it's in real rough shape but runs i said deal anyhow I've driven it for a week and notice a Landry list things that need fixed and replaced also notice the engine bay and trunk is white so this car was painted blue ( I don't like it ) + blue interior makes me feel like Barbie here's a few pics of my new daily project

I was here first

Welcome! Good pickup. Make sure you check your bushings, balljoints, and bearings. I just had a friend run off the road because his radius rod nut came off. Once those items are checked/replaced it'll run forever.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
      I was here first

Welcome! Good pickup. Make sure you check your bushings, balljoints, and bearings. I just had a friend run off the road because his radius rod nut came off. Once those items are checked/replaced it'll run forever.
      . Thanks bud ! And yes you are I should of put supersonik lol , Thanks for the info I think the motor won't last much longer tho @ 265k

Comment

In my head I think I will be painting the cb7 my self in the future back to white or a shop if I chicken out anyway I went ahead a painted my valve cover and found a clean set of ngk wires @ junk yard + pulled a VSS since my speedometer needles wasint working and installed ( now works ) .

Comment

look inside the door for the paint code I'm pretty sure it's frost white
          **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
          Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
          Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Thanks for the tip I will check, by way peeps I removed my blue seats ( nasty/burnt ) replaced with gray seats just a bit dirty which I will clean + rear gray speaker covers + gray cover and all 4 door panels swap for gray ones ( blue ones were all mest up, and I forgot to say in my last post I got 2 rim caps that I was missing
            Last edited by sonik-91ex; 10-28-2015, 09:19 AM.

Comment

Looks good, and the seats looked pretty nasty... how was taking them out? Last time i took out back seats i found alot of change... lol

Comment

Originally posted by cb9fam!! View Post
                Looks good, and the seats looked pretty nasty... how was taking them out? Last time i took out back seats i found alot of change... lol
                Thanks and pretty easy to remove and install found like 3 dollar in change lol, So today morning I walk to my cb7 ready for work and notice both front doors open and trunk but nothing missing lmfao ( nothing really to steal ). Now I do plan to get a alarm and steering wheel bar lock soon just fyi

Comment

Ya thats one thing with hondas, alarms and steering wheel locks are important they are so looked after to steal and break into, so ya get the alarm and dont get a cheap one get a good alarm. I had my last accord broken into 3 times in a month, and they would steal dumb s**t, once i had them steal the oem honda oil cap, and my dipstick and battery, and another time they broke my window opened all my doors and trunk and took nothing... and the last time they broke a window again and stole my sons booster seat and my daughters forward facing car seat... and the change in the ashtray... so ya idk why they wanted them but i just let it go and i finally went a got an alarm and they were caught the next time when they broke a window and the alarm went off the security in the complex was around the corner and they caught the guys... so never got my stuff back but i got to charge them for the windows and the value of the crap... so i got some money(thank god for insurance and getting the windows for free) but i still got money from the 2 guys that broke into my car...

Comment

Originally posted by cb9fam!! View Post
                    Ya thats one thing with hondas, alarms and steering wheel locks are important they are so looked after to steal and break into, so ya get the alarm and dont get a cheap one get a good alarm. I had my last accord broken into 3 times in a month, and they would steal dumb s**t, once i had them steal the oem honda oil cap, and my dipstick and battery, and another time they broke my window opened all my doors and trunk and took nothing... and the last time they broke a window again and stole my sons booster seat and my daughters forward facing car seat... and the change in the ashtray... so ya idk why they wanted them but i just let it go and i finally went a got an alarm and they were caught the next time when they broke a window and the alarm went off the security in the complex was around the corner and they caught the guys... so never got my stuff back but i got to charge them for the windows and the value of the crap... so i got some money(thank god for insurance and getting the windows for free) but i still got money from the 2 guys that broke into my car...
                    Thanks for the story and I will play it smart but sorry to hear you go thru that, I do believe tonight I will run 2 kill switches and steering wheel bar for insurence and next week 2 way pager

Comment

I hit 290k miles on a full tank of gas (87) grade not bad IMO . I also found a old hid kit laying around and they fit perfect but 1 bulb is bad😩 but glad I found it. Also got a steering wheel bar lock ( still need to do the kill switches )

Comment

Make sure you retrofit your headlights or else you won't get along with deevergote
                        Originally posted by cb7dazz
                        And you're english is much better than some people on this board and it's their primary language.
                        Originally posted by Jarrett
                        ...for example

Comment

^did you mean 290 miles to a tank of gas? if so that's good but it could be better. I get 380 on winter blend and about 410 on summer blend...

Vehicle looks good... BTW I have 280k on the motor if you take care of it they last....

In Need of an engine, just a basic f22a...pm me if you have one willing to part with.

Comment

Originally posted by muhammedmian View Post
                            Make sure you retrofit your headlights or else you won't get along with deevergote
                            thanks for the info didnt think about it was tired just stalled it a left it as is but driving it this morning to work it looks cool on one half of the car lol

Comment

Originally posted by kapone View Post
                              ^did you mean 290 miles to a tank of gas? if so that's good but it could be better. I get 380 on winter blend and about 410 on summer blend...

Vehicle looks good... BTW I have 280k on the motor if you take care of it they last....
                              ooops you cought it ! lol my bad you are correct i ment miles !!!! 290 miles and by the way u getting 410 is very impressive, must have a soft foot to achive that im assuming, i will try to hit 300 miles next time cuz i have a heavy foot
                              Last edited by sonik-91ex; 11-03-2015, 10:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X