Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

car just died

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why do you need key changed. all you need to change is the ignition switch with working unit.

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/par...er=190369_0_0_
    Last edited by oyajicool; 10-05-2012, 10:45 AM.
    A&P-IA

Comment

did you tachometer twitch or flutter right before it died? if it did, then its your igniter unit crapping out.

member's ride thread
      93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
      99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
      91 Accord SE 176k
      97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

See post #9.

Since he can keep the engine running by holding the ignition key FWD, the issue is more than likely with the ignition switch.
        A&P-IA

Comment

Originally posted by 512_CB7 View Post
          Sorry bout the late post. I checked the fuses under the dash and hood everything is good on them. Tried the ignition thing and If I keep the key pushed all the way forward for the car to stay on and it stays running. But as soon as I let the key go it dies. So maybe the ignition switch? I plan on going to a junkyard tomorrow to look around and hope that's the problem. I called oreilly and autozone $286 and 3something at autozone.
          The ignition switch which I purchased from Autozone about 3 months ago was I believe somewhere between $60-$80. It came with a lifetime warranty. It sounds to me like you were pricing an entire ignition. You will not need a replacement key.
          '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
          If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

Well went to the jy and got one for $8 and no luck. So im taking it back and getting another I got a warranty with the 1st so no problems there but for $8 ain't no big deal as long as its all good by Monday!

Comment

here's a vid of what I'm talking about

member's ride thread
              93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
              99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
              91 Accord SE 176k
              97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Well late update. It wasnt what Losiracer2 was thinking but thanks for the video find always makes things easier when you see them(well for me anyways)

And the issue with mine was the wiring on the ignition. I bought one from the junkyard switched them out and plugged them up and it worked!
                Last edited by 512_CB7; 10-11-2012, 01:44 AM.

Comment

Autozone was trying to sell me the whole thing thats why it was $300

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/par..._167189_0_1572

but either way $8 is better than $50

heres the one from the JY

And heres the JY one plugged up to the stock one to see if it works before completly taking out the stock one.

Comment

Working...
                  X