H2U5 - Swapping gearsets ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H2U5 - Swapping gearsets ?

I am picking up another h2u5 trans tomorrow, I plan on rebuilding this one and then putting it back into my coupe, i have an f22a1 which already has the h2u5 but the synchros are shot and she needs a rebuild. I am looking to rebuild the one i pick up tomorrow, and then swap them out. I am unsure of what gears to use.. ? oem ? I was looking for more aggressive gear ratios or even straight cut gears.

Any advice on where to look for trans rebuild kits or aem gear manufactures would be great,
    any input would be appreciated.. i dont really know much about gear ratios.. Looking to learn more c:

http://www.synchrotech-transmissions.com/

Syncrotech sells the rebuild kits or just syncros.
    If you are looking to just rebuild and replace your trans then i would rebuild.If you want a more performance oriented gearing , then i would suggest looking into a H22 trans ( M2A4,M2B4 or any M series trans)and rebuilding that.The H22 gears are shorter than the F gears and makes the f peppier.The only drawbrack is the higher rpms when cruising down the highway.At 60 with the F trans you will be riding around 2600 rpm vs. the 3000rpm with the H trans.
    Some people swap out the 5 gears from the F trans into the H trans so they can still cruise at a decent engine speed.This is a better option than sitting and figuring out how to custom gear a trans yourself (and less expensive also)

Comment

Working...
    X