Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SUSP : 5-lug conversion (the all-prelude way)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

do i really half 2 buy rear axle nuts??????

Comment

Originally posted by cb7don View Post
      do i really half 2 buy rear axle nuts??????
      You can get some off a junked BB6 or from Honda new... they're not that expensive, prob like $30 together tops

Originally posted by lordoja
      im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

but do i need em....when i bought my 5-lug swap it came all intact front and rear so im guessing that theres axle nuts on em already????????

Comment

Aiyyo kids

The Prelude LCA does not work 100% with the Accord radius rods. Only one of the bolts line up.

Also, for the front, apparently the stock caliper bracket interferes with 07 Civic Si wheels???

Also u get a lot of positive camber with the Prelude knuckle AND arm.

Real talk, overall I would say the Odyssey setup is prob the better way to go, ESP if it uses the stock size balljoint and tie rod config.

im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
            Also, for the front, apparently the stock caliper bracket interferes with 07 Civic Si wheels???
            Yes they do.

Comment

Originally posted by JaK FRoSTWhiTE View Post
              Yes they do.
              How'd u fix that?

Also here's a pic of one side done. Not quite as pretty as yours lol

(don't know if it will show as its from my T-Mobile acct)

Note the crazy positive camber. It actually pokes out about 1/4" how it sits now. Def gonna try to get the Accord LCAs opened up. Where did u get urs done???

Comment

How'd u fix that?

Also here's a pic of one side done. Not quite as pretty as yours lol

(don't know if it will show as its from my T-Mobile acct)

Note the crazy positive camber. It actually pokes out about 1/4" how it sits now. Def gonna try to get the Accord LCAs opened up. Where did u get urs done???
                Well, i have the SPC camber kit, and i adjusted the camber all the way negative.
                So my camber was like 1.2+ , not bad actually.

This was my last picture with that setup.

Fast93Accord did my lower arms using a special bit made for metals.

Comment

Using the accord LCA is the main part and using upper ball joint camber kit..

You should know yaw, we discussed this a bunch of times

to get the LCA opened up just get a step drill from sears and go at it with a power drill.

Or just go to a shop and tell them what you want done. I did it and its DIY

Comment

Originally posted by excalibur02 View Post
                    Using the accord LCA is the main part and using upper ball joint camber kit..

You should know yaw, we discussed this a bunch of times

to get the LCA opened up just get a step drill from sears and go at it with a power drill.

Or just go to a shop and tell them what you want done. I did it and its DIY
                    Doesn't it have to have a certain special taper for the balljoint to sit right? That's why it was so difficult. I thought we needed a 1 to 1/2 inch per foot balljoint reamer. I still have the extra control arms so if a step drill is safe I will just go get that tomorrow.

Are u saying all I have to do is just open up the hole enough for the shaft to go through?

Comment

yea just make it bigger on the opening for the shaft to fit.

NO HOMO!

Comment

True, but it's gotta have the same angle taper, or else the LBJ won't seat properly, and you might end up with premature wear on the LBJ...It's very important that the tapered shaft on the LBJs are pressed in properly to the LCAs..

Why not just get the ball joint reamer posted on the very first page of this thread and drill the LCA using that? With my case I had a machine shop to do the drilling for me...I just brought the LCAs, the reamer and an old Lude LBJ and they got everything done...Granted I had to buy the reamer and paid the machine shop (extra $40), but at least I know the LBJs are properly seated to my LCAs..If anything, just for a peace of mind Better to get things done right the first time!

And plus, if you buy the reamer, you can always re-sell it after, seeing that there are so many people on here that are also interested in doing the same thing..One reamer tool for everybody!

I'm just glad I never had to deal with positive camber...After I got everything installed, before alignment my front wheels were already sitting at -3.0

Ronald

|~~~~~~~~~~~~- Project CL1 Euro-R continues -~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|

Comment

Originally posted by Ronald_Type-R View Post
                          True, but it's gotta have the same angle taper, or else the LBJ won't seat properly, and you might end up with premature wear on the LBJ...It's very important that the tapered shaft on the LBJs are pressed in properly to the LCAs..

Why not just get the ball joint reamer posted on the very first page of this thread and drill the LCA using that? With my case I had a machine shop to do the drilling for me...I just brought the LCAs, the reamer and an old Lude LBJ and they got everything done...Granted I had to buy the reamer and paid the machine shop (extra $40), but at least I know the LBJs are properly seated to my LCAs..If anything, just for a peace of mind Better to get things done right the first time!

And plus, if you buy the reamer, you can always re-sell it after, seeing that there are so many people on here that are also interested in doing the same thing..One reamer tool for everybody!

I'm just glad I never had to deal with positive camber...After I got everything installed, before alignment my front wheels were already sitting at -3.0

Ronald
                          Getting the reamer outright would have been the smart thing to do, esp now that I've spent extra $$$$ and have 2 extra sets of control arms. I thought the person I had doing the work would be able to get the tool from his machine shop

I'm gonna take the all Lude setup to an alignment shop and see how it's sitting as is as judging visually doesn't really mean much. If I have anything "more" than -0.5 deg neg camber at the car's height now I will just keep it unless some other problems come up. I can't see how it's negative at all though as in Jak's pic above he is at -1.2 and the wheels are clearly tucked, whereas on my car the wheels are out past the fender.

Comment

Getting the reamer outright would have been the smart thing to do, esp now that I've spent extra $$$$ and have 2 extra sets of control arms. I thought the person I had doing the work would be able to get the tool from his machine shop

I'm gonna take the all Lude setup to an alignment shop and see how it's sitting as is as judging visually doesn't really mean much. If I have anything "more" than -0.5 deg neg camber at the car's height now I will just keep it unless some other problems come up. I can't see how it's negative at all though as in Jak's pic above he is at -1.2 and the wheels are clearly tucked, whereas on my car the wheels are out past the fender.
                            Just to give you an idea, this is when i didnt have a camber kit...

Comment

Oh that looks about right, considering ur prob an inch lower than me. U wouldn't remember what ur camber was at before u got the kit on would u?

Here u can see how far out the front wheels stick out

Comment

Originally posted by cb7don View Post
                                but do i need em....when i bought my 5-lug swap it came all intact front and rear so im guessing that theres axle nuts on em already????????
                                yo can use the accord nut, it aint a big deal

well, guys i just finished another 5lug

front: odyssey knuckles, bearing caliper w bracket, oddy rotor ody LBJ (30 mins both sides)

rear: prelude (bb6) hub, 03 v6 acccord rotor, (type r fit but has to be (oreillys)), accord nut

went from -3.13 camber-2.01 camber

the car drives pretty straight, it has a drivers side humm (bearing is shot)
                                and a slight pull to the left (tires look like shit)

it took me 2 hours to do with brake bleed and everything (his buddies freakd out when we came back 2 hours later with TL's (will upload pics later)
                                Originally posted by deevergote
                                Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

Working...
                                X