Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

140 mph speedo in wagons??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really feel its more for looks and being different, its those small differences that count[/QUOTE]

Yes, I have one in my sedan Just sayin...
    The CB7 Collector.
    Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
    92 LX Coupe F22A1
    2013 Toyota Corolla S
    92 EX Sedan F22A1
    Originally posted by deevergote
    Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

Legit. I guess it's like Krank making a guitar amp that goes up to 14 instead ten. Or dressing up your engine bay a bit. I was just going on the idea of people doing it, thinking they'll be able to reach new heights with their car.
      I <3 My Honda CB9!
      My Hondas
      1992 Integra LS Coupe (Sad story...)
      1995 Civic VP Coupe (Traded for->)
      2002 Civic EX Coupe (Traded for->)
      2006 Acura MDX (Long story...)
      1988 Accord DX Sedan (Donated to a friend)
      1992 Accord LX Wagon (Sad Story)

Comment

Originally posted by HappyGilmore View Post
        I really feel its more for looks and being different, its those small differences that count

Yes, I have one in my sedan Just sayin...
        If you want different, do a CG cluster swap.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris2388 View Post
          Im wondering why did the wagons come with a 140 mph speedo?
          Because wagons are fucking rockets yo.

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
          wagons have longer gear ratio's therfore they could hypothetically go faster
          Really...that's very interesting. Would you know the exact gear ratios for the wagon vs coupe and sedan?

I actually have a wagon and a sedan, a pull in the wagon does seem a lot longer than a pull in a sedan. More fun IMO.
          Current:
          2007 Acura TL Type-S 6MT KBP

Past:
          1992 Honda Accord EX-R Sedan - RIP
          1991 Honda Accord EX-R Wagon - RIP 10/14/2010

Words change lives. You just got to choose the right ones.

Instagram: @CB7Nub

Check out the more active "CB7Tuner Canada" Facebook group for CANADIAN members ONLY.

Comment

So I'm guessing you can swap a wagon tranny into a sedan right? What would be the result? Are the wagon and sedan ECUs the same for both cars? I have a 92 LX and I can't go over 110 or so.

Comment

Originally posted by CB7Nub View Post
              Because wagons are fucking rockets yo.

Really...that's very interesting. Would you know the exact gear ratios for the wagon vs coupe and sedan?

I actually have a wagon and a sedan, a pull in the wagon does seem a lot longer than a pull in a sedan. More fun IMO.
              These are for an automatic

F22a wagon on the left and f20a DOHC coupe on the right

1-speed 2.705 2.705
              2速 2-speed 1.464 1.464
              3速 3-speed 1.057 1.028
              4速 4-speed 0.731 0.731
              後退 Retreat 2.047 2.047
              減速比 Reduction ratio 4.285 4.285

These are for jdm wagons but i imagine them to be the same

Originally posted by Keg View Post
              So I'm guessing you can swap a wagon tranny into a sedan right? What would be the result? Are the wagon and sedan ECUs the same for both cars? I have a 92 LX and I can't go over 110 or so.
              The result would be your car would be slower but be capable of a higher top speed if you could even make it that far

I gusse because its in its powerband for a bit longer then a coupe/sedan trans at the same max RPM the engine could reach its at 130-140ish vs 120-130ish?

thats my best guess

Comment

Originally posted by mtnbikaah View Post
                why are you putting a 140mph speedo in your car? You can't go that fast anyway...
                it would be ideal for someone to have this....specially with a chipped ecu.

Comment

I've had the wagon cluster in my h22 sedan for a few years now. Works just fine.

FWD'ing it up :

Comment

nobody has recognized the 90-91 VSS different from the 92-93?

and the wagon's have 15" wheels because of the brake calipers.
                    MadLab Racing
                    Southern Maryland

Comment

Originally posted by drummersteve7 View Post
                      nobody has recognized the 90-91 VSS different from the 92-93?

and the wagon's have 15" wheels because of the brake calipers.
                      Whats different about it?

it shouldn't really matter though with the gauge cluster speedometer swap.

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
                        Whats different about it?

it shouldn't really matter though with the gauge cluster speedometer swap.
                        the difference is how it connects. Just saying, if your getting a new VSS, you need to know to get the right one.
                        OP originally talked about using a wagon sensor, as long as OP knows to get the correct one, all is well in CB7Land!

90-91 has a wire male plug attached
                        92-93 has female plug on sensor
                        MadLab Racing
                        Southern Maryland

Comment

Working...
                        X