CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Parts & Performance > Performance Tech > Forced Induction

Old 04-23-2010, 11:23 PM   #1
evil_demon_01

evil_demon_01 is someone to admire evil_demon_01 is someone to admire evil_demon_01 is someone to admire evil_demon_01 is someone to admire
Forced induction Forum Questions - Ask here

If you have any questions regarding the "Forced Induction" section - Please ask here.

Please do not post questions in this thread regarding questions about your car.

If you are unsure of making a thread regarding "Forced Induction" please post in here.

If you are wanting to find a thread that has recently been "un-stickied" it can be found here.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.
evil_demon_01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 02:51 PM   #2
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to deevergote
Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_demon_01 View Post
If you have any questions regarding the "Forced Induction" section - Please ask here.

Please do not post questions in this thread regarding questions about your car.

deevergote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 06:31 PM   #3
arcadiacb7
CB7tuner Member

arcadiacb7 is cool... so far.
Send a message via Yahoo to arcadiacb7
Sorry deev, I misread that. Where should I post that and will you move that to the right place please?
Old 04-19-2015, 10:20 PM   #4
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to deevergote
Anywhere but the thread that says not to post things about your car.

deevergote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 10:30 PM   #5
BreckAConner
CB7tuner Member

BreckAConner is cool... so far.
Good Evening,

I apologize ahead of time if I skipped over something in search,

I'm having trouble finding information on Turbo installation this link here seems to be dead for the instructions part of it.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showpost...73&postcount=1

I tried to search for an answer but really what I'm looking for is kind of like a DIY for a turbo. Say for example what parts for a turbo or a kit that has everything you need for your turbo? What parts are good or to stay away from, where to buy parts from? Where to run things for the turbo? I know every turbo is setup different but I guess a general idea and some information. I'm not sure where to start but I have a few extra motors and would love to start experimenting on building a turbo setup, or even a NA setup at that.
BreckAConner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 10:36 PM   #6
Grumpys93
Contributing Member

Grumpys93 seems to have made some friends!
Best advice on what to buy and what not also; what goes where; Is go to the king of boost thread and go through all the people on that lists’ members thread. Most are good at documenting everything. You first need to figure out what is your end goal? Just to have a fun turbo build that won’t last? To have an autoX turbo set up? To have a 500+ monster? Or have economic boost for just putting around.

I constantly keep going back and looking through threads. Raf does an excellent job on covering all kinds of things. I am in the process of putting together my turbo build and I am finally coming down to the final pieces. I try to keep my members thread accurate and showing everything. PM people and ask for their number and start chatting with them.

In short go to king of boost and read their MR threads.
FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Last edited by Grumpys93; 11-28-2018 at 12:24 AM.
Grumpys93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 10:43 PM   #7
BreckAConner
CB7tuner Member

BreckAConner is cool... so far.
Thanks again Grumpy, one more question!

What other alternative sites besides like Bisimoto and Realst for buying performance parts for a turbo setup? I don't know any other reputable sites out there.
BreckAConner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 11:10 PM   #8
Rilas
Gold Member

Rilas seems to have made some friends!
kstuned.com

You can get some of your engine internals there, as well as some other things for the engine itself. Pistons can be found all over the place, just stick to the name brands, Weisco, JE, Mahle. Same with the rods, only I can't think of any other brands, but there are some good ones. Machine work can be hit or miss. Hopefully you can find a good machine shop in your area.
Old 11-29-2018, 04:55 AM   #9
Raf99
Gold Member

Raf99 is very helpful Raf99 is very helpful
http://www.fast-turbo.com/
https://www.atpturbo.com/
Raf99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: