Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

JDM H22A swap CB7 boggz and dies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JDM H22A swap CB7 boggz and dies?

I have my 1992 CB7 Honda Accord sedan that i recently did a complete JDM H22A DOHC VTEC swap with 5spd trans. Everything was included but the ecu and harness. Its done and swapped in but since the ecu is not here i heard that it could temporary run on the stock accord ecu just without the vtec so i did but of course had to modify the dizzy by switching its from OBD2 with internal coil to my F22A6 OBD1 external coil which was running fine and i drove all around just no vtec for 2-3days had A/C on and stereo bumping too drove just fine.
    https://youtu.be/i-fVmNVGOIE
    Ok, but now today i go to try drive it all of a sudden doin this bogg down and die off issue(as if being starved for gas and/or air)

So now it starts it idles but soon as i turn on an accessory(lights, A/C, stereo,etc.) or just even try revv up engine it immediately bogz then dies off.

Start it up again takes a while but starts idles but thats nothing on at all this time i stomp gas it probly only rev up to 1400rpm then straight boggz down and dies. So again start idles fine this time i try step slowly till floored it intermittently revved boggz revv boggz so I try lift stomp lift stomp to keep it running but constant bogg down as soon i let up just dies off. Cant even move the car itll just die. What might cause this??

My troubleshoot begins:
    * so i try PT6, P0A and P12ecu (waiting for P13 & harness to come in mail.) All the same. However it seems the P12 had better results but still same bogg die issue

* I tried 2 different EGR's that do work. Same issue

* tried 3 different resistor boxes. Same

* tried 3 different throttlebodies w/TPS. Same

* tried fuel rail injectors. Same(i started car with fuel rail injectors out to see the sprays all are consistent but thats just at cranking)

*fuel psi is at rail is 38psi

*tried 2 different O2 sensors. same

*checked timing with service plug jumper its on point. Same

*pulled valve cover to double check mechanical timing sync of cams to crank.(incase something eg. Cam off a tooth) all in spec. Same issue

* ECU backup reset each time. Same

*i tried just completely disconnect battery for 24hrs or so. Try again.
    Same

*stock air filter & duct is clean no obstruction

* PCV is good and new. Same

What the hell is goin on here it seems almost as if someone sabotage it cause i was just driving fine idled fine a/c on and stereo on three or four days ago now... why all a sudden get this bogg and die issue?? Even attempting various part checks changes still same. Am i missing anything or overlooking something??

>*>>(Please i already know that obd2 obd1 and ecu conflicts if u are a straight only by the honda book guy what comes with what and goes with what. But i changed internals of dizzy from my f22a6 obd1 to the body of obd2 jdm dizzy for H22A using PT3 ecu and it ran ok for few days w/o vtec tho. Casual drivin cruising with accessories on not exceeding more then 4krpm just to be safe. But since this bogg and die issue that suddenly developed overnight while troubleshotting i have the P12 ecu on it for now. As i await yet for the actual propper P13 ecu with vtec harness to come.

I'm worried that even with my P13 ecu and vtec harness comes in tomorrow that i change it that this issue still remains. Ive researched the ecu pins differences they use the same pinouts so nothing is crossed, bout the only difference is colors used of wires between years and the addition of vtec/knock sensor. But still despite colors pins at ecu is same.

Sorry been away for a min but i solved all the iissues of running the engine. It came down to the very specific vacuum hose locations to manifold i basically had to compare prelude chassis vacuum diagrams with my accord chassis vacuum diagrams and reference with specific manifold i using and added issue was also base gasket of egr. So now vacuum hose arranged proper to their specific locations starts runs drives vtec and all. Its all good now and driveable, just a whole nother issue i tryina overcome is this motor runs so extremely hot! So much so i feel an extra radiator and fan setup maybe needed. I cant even run a/c long or drive on a already hot day...

i dunno wussup with this new website update wont lemme repost or reply my own threads. Etc. I been long time member i have posted and subscribed as well as started threads posts discussions etc.
    Last edited by KrAx_Cb7-808; 10-17-2020, 12:21 AM. Reason: Updated site not letting me reply update on issue

IACV
    MAP sensor
    CKP/CYP/TDC sensor (my money is on these)
    Vacuum leak (honestly would be loud enough to hear, but check anyway)
    Tstat ground

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Are any of the ECUs throwing an error code? If so, start there.
      Does this issue only happen once you’re up to operating temp?

Comment

Well like you said you can "use" the Accord ECU to start...but just wait for the
        P13 before you make any other moves. The ECU is the brains & the H22 & F22
        are different for sure.
        Keep Pushing..

Comment

Update P13 &amp; vtec harness is in

Ok so now i got the P13 ecu and the vtec harness of course had to make the taps to ecu harness plugs A4 vtec solenoid switch D3 knock sensor and D6 vtec psi sensor. Plug everthing in. Reconnect battery pull 7.5A fuse to ecm reset, then jjump in start em up. FUUUUUUCCCCCKKK same shit still goin on but now it barely idles.

So i stomp tbe gas a few times kept varying the pedal it keeps wanting to bogg then revv then bogg then revv then die. WTF?! Man this is really gettin on my nerves. Jump service connect blinks 1 long then it blinks 7/8 quik ones then not sure if its 1 or 17 or 18. Fuckit look up 1 7 8 17 18 71 81 if even...
          1= H02S
          7= TPS
          8= TDC
          17=VSS
          18/71/81 no exist. Someone else mention i should try 180 the dizzy tried didnt even start. But i dont get it cuz i found 1st cylinder TDC by pulling spark plug stuff napkin rotate crank poof it pop out thats TDC on compress stroke #1 confirm flywheel is at T. Pull valve cover all cam gears aligned. Pull dizzy again it points to #1 the very top sensor that curves singularly is magneticly align with sensor the key on cam side align the scribed marks. My timing light service jump connect align with middle red mark. Do ecu reset un jump service connect start em up took a while crankiing finally it starts but simply dies. Nothing on. Start it again it no matter if i try step pedal while cranking or hold it or pump it but eventually get started = Barely idles at 500rpm fuel psi at rail is between 36-40psi. Ocassionally it will allow me to step the gas pedal very slowly but consistently varying the pressure and it will glide thru revvs up to 5krpm but nearing 3/4 throttle it boggs and then i lost the consistency of the step already it boggz down and dies no matter i let up stomp it or half it i try to quikly but steadily step it just dies. FUCCCK I ALMOST WAS GOIN THROW MY TOOL BOX THRU THE FRIKEN FRONT WINDSHIELD. I ended up just slammin the hood and callin it a day! Cuz its gettin to a point were I MAY LOSE IT....

Comment

Have you replaced the fuel filter? I've seen brown fuel with silt pour out of the back side of one that I replaced. It could just be too clogged to flow when asking for anything more than an idle.
            MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

HO2S and VSS would not cause your symptoms, but TPS and TDC being out can.

Do you have a multimeter? Are your TPS and EGR plugs switched around? You're using the OBD1 dizzy and all the wires are good?

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

JDM H22A swap CB7 boggz and dies

Hi,* I,m new to this forum. Anyone know would JDM S15 power fc fit in ADM S15 ECU Plug? If does, When can i find wiring diagram for wiring swap?

Comment

Originally posted by VickiStype View Post
                  Hi,* I,m new to this forum. Anyone know would JDM S15 power fc fit in ADM S15 ECU Plug? If does, When can i find wiring diagram for wiring swap?
                  This is an accord forum, not a 240 forum. Probably won’t find much help here for that.
                  ~Nick~
                  FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                  MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Spammer. They’re getting creative.

Comment

What Distributor are you using? I am not sure why you would be getting
                      that TDC code.
                      Keep Pushing..

Comment

Also, how is your O2 sensor?? New? Old? Even running one?
                        Keep Pushing..

Comment

He says he tried two different o2 sensors... though I’m curious as to what brand they were. If they weren’t NTK or Denso, chances are they aren’t working probably. And a faulty o2 sensor can indeed cause bogging issues on an h22. I’ve experienced that one firsthand!

Comment

Working...
                          X