No announcement yet.

ibr_adam09 : 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Limited

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

damn.. very nice. love the mods youve done. I daily an 09 LGT, I keep telling myself to leave it alone, Its soooo hard not to mod it!

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
      Looking good Adam!
      Thank you

Originally posted by cincy90h22 View Post
      damn.. very nice. love the mods youve done. I daily an 09 LGT, I keep telling myself to leave it alone, Its soooo hard not to mod it!
      Thanks. I know what you mean ! Just do one little upgrade and then boom , that's the end of it, never stops.

Another update hit:

fmic

-1992 CB7 EX w/H22 [sold 10/09]
      -2005 Legacy GT limited [current]

Comment

yaaaay. all in. middle of my tuning right now.

Comment

Lol, forgot about this thread.

Some stuff happened. Uhhh, blew a ringland back in November, at least I found out with a compression test after a bolt shredded my timing belt. Decided to pull the motor. famous cylinder 4 cracked. New forged pistons, manley rods, nitrated crank, and bigger oil pump. Honed/ bored 100mm. Heads were still good, but went with new SS valves. block and heads decked. Sat for a month. Got everything back together. Now have 500 miles on the new engine. Will be getting tuned again after the break in process (1500 miles) ( I never even finished my other tune)

Also took the downtime to recondition some things; all fluids changed; sand and paint any dirty parts; new speakers; buff and wax; installed better master cylinder and booster; painted fmic and pipes; etc. small things here and there.

Still using same 18g turbo. So the engine was built beyond what it will never see in terms of hp, but might as well build.

I'll just dump some photos.

There you go

Comment

So. Awesome.

Comment

Current project: Battery relocation

Did install a port and polished header and a forge bpv.

Comment

Did you use any special paint for the intercooler, or just standard engine paint?
                1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

radiator black paint and a coat of clear enamel.

Used only light coats and only did the portion of the ic that you could see.

Comment

Bump.

Motor has over 8,000 miles now. Took the mani off the other day to install a avo inlet hose. intake valves looked good. I'm synthetic now using Am-soil and so far I'm liking this oil. About two months into my second synth. change and haven't had to add any oil.

I've also been tuned four times since the rebuild. Might take it to the track soon one day. maybe tonight, lol

Getting bored already though, Looking at bigger turbos, injectors, pumps for giggles and then I look at the bank account to remind me of my position haha.

Went with a double din setup. Well I have the kit to go double din but rocking a single radio for now. I need to shave some tabs to line up the gaps since the unit is from overseas.

Here's another look at the motor. different intake and the coolant tank were the battery used to be.

Installed some much need slim fans to complete the mMshimoto kit.

Comment

Damn dude..
                      That thing is beautiful!
                      I almost bought an 05 gt just like yours, but I chickened out for fear of the never ending money pit

I kind of regret not buying it now but I bought a 2000 prelude instead. It's not bad, I like it

Have you ever tried running rotella t6? My subbie buddies here say it's the best for subbie turbo engines.

BB6->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=200445<Summer Lover
                      BD6->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=194262<Dailey/Future AutoX
                      Mazda 6s->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201313<Wifes
                      CB7->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=189108<Sold

Comment

Lots of guys on the forums love that stuff. I'm just going to stick with what my shop recommends though.

YES MONEY PIT IT IS. stick with the prelude and be happy nothing is gonna break, haha.

Comment

If the legacy wasn't so problematic I would've bought the damn thing! I love everything about it

Power
                          Luxury
                          Style
                          Turbo
                          AWD
                          Sedan
                          Manual
                          And the best of it was that it's super low-key

I do like the prelude, however it is not Low-key...

BB6->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=200445<Summer Lover
                          BD6->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=194262<Dailey/Future AutoX
                          Mazda 6s->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201313<Wifes
                          CB7->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=189108<Sold

Comment

Wow ,so uhh.... I was in an accident back in July 2014. Totaled Car.

Driving a 2010 Legacy gt now

Man cb7tuner,.... been a while .

Comment

Damn the new LGT is damn nice.

I was actually looking at them as well as the new Impreza's the other day.

Im driving around a 2009 Altima but when it's time to get a new car Im going to want AWD and comfort since I do about 60 miles a day in commuting.

Subaru is high on the list!

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
                                Damn the new LGT is damn nice.

I was actually looking at them as well as the new Impreza's the other day.

Im driving around a 2009 Altima but when it's time to get a new car Im going to want AWD and comfort since I do about 60 miles a day in commuting.

Subaru is high on the list!
                                I tried really hard to find an 08-09 becuase I love that chassis look but prices were too high and far until I came across this 2010. I only bit the bullet because the price was too good, even had it shipped to VA to FL and it still has warranty till Sept. 2016 . As for the my old 05, insurance took her, but of course I did remove all my aftermarket parts to sell off.

Subaru definitely went for comfort on these. It's bigger compared to the prev. generation and the 6mt is mediocre, but it still has the quirky Subaru vibe it. It's also the first model Subaru Tried with the el header and low mount turbo which is now used on the 2015 Wrx.

Without question, The interior quality is better and very comfortable for someone doing 60 mile daily trips. Although, if you don't need the power and want to just sip on gas, get a 2.5i with a Cvt. You can't beat Subaru's awd.

Here's a pic.

Comment

Working...
                                X