No announcement yet.

Frankenstein lives!! H23VTEC headswap complete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think i found the answer. There are 2 types of p06 boards. There is the 1720 and the 11f0. The 11f0 is what you have adam and its easier to convert to vtec BUT there is a component called the high side power switch in IC14 that controls the auto lock up for the auto tranny...this same component also controls and throws the vtec coolant check (code 21). This is the first i'd heard about this and its a very rare occurance. The write-up i had included a parts list and the component was on the list but since it was already in the ecu naturally i just left it alone. So i apologize and i wish i'd known about this rare occurance sooner but i know how to fix it atleast. For those that know what i'm talking about even if the ecu wasn't chipped for vtec, it would still have thrown this code even on a non-vtec.bin. So anyone chipping p06's will have to know this. Adam get in touch with me so we can figure out what to do. Do u still have a p14 or somethin u can use and send me the p06?
    Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Well, I have the ecu the car came with (f22 ecu). The p14 is with Wikked. Will the f22 ecu work out till i get you the p06?
      "This is a jaded bunch. To gain notice, you have to challenge conventional wisdom, test assumptions, and ignore the naysayers."

FS Part out thread koni/skunk2 suspension, jdm pole, HID retrofit, Tanabe exhaust
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...10#post2119010

Comment

Originally posted by H23Accord
        Well, I have the ecu the car came with (f22 ecu). The p14 is with Wikked. Will the f22 ecu work out till i get you the p06?
        it'll work for the time being just don't go WOT please

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

OK well PM me the address I need to send the ecu and I will try to get it sent out tomorrow.
          "This is a jaded bunch. To gain notice, you have to challenge conventional wisdom, test assumptions, and ignore the naysayers."

FS Part out thread koni/skunk2 suspension, jdm pole, HID retrofit, Tanabe exhaust

Comment

OK well PM me the address I need to send the ecu and I will try to get it sent out tomorrow.
            k, sorry for the inconvience again

Comment

good looking midnite... (u using my p06 for this?? ahahha).. considering my p06 needs to be vtec converted as well..... good looking thou :tu

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Yea last time I let YOU tune my ECU!! GOSH! j/k. I got the pm and I will send it out this week. Thanks for the help. *visions of vtec*
                Last edited by H23Accord; 03-09-2005, 11:54 AM.

Comment

ahaha pwned... btw.. either advance the ignition some.. or take away some fuel.. cause shes getting that nice soot on the rear bumper.. t3h richness.. also.. while at idle.. she tends to move around a bit.. as if shes mis-firing although shes really not.. its steady for the most part just likes to move around sometimes 750-950 etc..

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

well i would have had more time to work on it if Willy and i weren't training to be an underwater basket weavers ok gosh!...i really do hate that movie lol...honestly i do.

los - ur p06 is still gonna be used for another guy.

I'll modify the map later tonight

Comment

Originally posted by fizzbob7
                      it's been done 50+ times, but the thing isn't getting it running or even getting it running right, it's the fact that if you drive it hard like most will an h22a, it won't last but a few oil changes, even with a FULLY BUILT bottom end....it's too out of square......the benefit if you make it as stock as you can is a few hp and tq......like 3-7 of them........the one guy who has gotten his to last past 10K has it FULLY built on the bottom but NEVER redlines it...drives it like a granny and says he's fine with that......never raced it, never ripped through the gears, never ran a sub 16 second 1/4 because he's never gotten it to redline at WOT.....says he won't....his last 3 didn't make it past 5k miles when he drove it like that....

one guy got his to work great.......after he was done, it was a 2.2 liter.....he spent nearly $4k on an h22a essentially.....

awesome job, hope it works out, and it is interesting because it's not common, but there is a reason that it's uncommon

just sit back and see.. lets see how "long" this thing is gonna last..

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Yea I hear ya Fizz. Actually I am not trying to reach 7k...heck i had my friend's lude for over a month and even though it could take the beating, i just never felt the need to push it to 7k+. I drive like a granny anyway...granny shiftin and such. But I can tell you that this is def. no h22. I find it to be much more fun than my friend's h22 lude.

Comment

Yea I hear ya Fizz. Actually I am not trying to reach 7k...heck i had my friend's lude for over a month and even though it could take the beating, i just never felt the need to push it to 7k+. I drive like a granny anyway...granny shiftin and such. But I can tell you that this is def. no h22. I find it to be much more fun than my friend's h22 lude.
                          must be that whiplashing torque ey??

<my neck still hurts.. from that bullshit.. adam was like yeah man shes torque.. steps on it then lets off... (neck whiplashes).. a good few times befroe he left...

honestly i dont feel with this motor ull have to rev that high anyway.. even stuck in low cam.. the motor propelled the car foward effortlessly till about 5,500rpm where the low cam really fell flat on its ass

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Yea teh torque is nice and smooth. Very linear. And yea, car gets weak after 5k due to current lack of vtec. But it is ok because it gives me a chance to break in the new engine a little before I get vtec and really start to get silly with it!

Comment

getting jiggy with it.. na na na na nana na.. ... na na nana na na...

edit: PAGE 4 OWNAGE

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

i was going to do this swap originally but i opted for the h22a instead. the only thing i was worried about was the bottom end being for non-vtec and the head was vtec so it wouldnt supply the bottom end with enough oil to keep up with vtec. the way i feel is if you have the capability of taking the engine up to 7-8k rpm then you will eventually once or twice. congrats on the build and keep up the good work.
                                www.rms-usa.com

Comment

Working...
                                X