Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Have $4k budget. 93 lx 4dr auto right now, swap for sure but which one????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
    Figuratively or literally?
    Im with him, huh???

Comment

^^^ Grumpy said he will be in Pensacola, FL and can offer to help you get this done. Only no response to it. I'm guessing this is what he is referring to.
      MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

What amazing news/updates Im about to share with everyone.

Another purchase made so budget now $2700ish......

Heaven opened up and dropped a 92 EX coupe white 2 dr 5 spd with a fully swapped H22A4 for only $600!!!!!!!! I bought this car primarily for parts potentially if needed but also a "real life example" of what I am about todo.
        Who knows, I may get my Hondata S300 chipped ECU and have someone tune this car (after I give it a complete tune up including timing belt water pump etc) and may like it more than my 4 door.......

Doubt it, the 4 door looks WAY better!!!

Body 1 - 10 Rating 9-10
        Interior Rating 5-6 right now at least...till a good cleaning
        Engine Tranny H22A4 tranny M2Y4 which is I "think" non-LSD.....

The car drives but needs crank pulley replaced Im told. I will know more tonight when I get her home...

to be cont....

Originally posted by Rilas View Post
        ^^^ Grumpy said he will be in Pensacola, FL and can offer to help you get this done. Only no response to it. I'm guessing this is what he is referring to.
        If your correct here, I apologize.

GRUMPY, this is a full request that I will love to have any and all help I can get.

PM me or we could leave it all here...

This link may turn into some type of journal etc...
        Last edited by Jarrett; 08-17-2018, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rilas View Post
          Yes this is what I was referring to. Thank you Will!
          Originally posted by smac View Post
          What amazing news/updates Im about to share with everyone.

Another purchase made so budget now $2700ish......

Heaven opened up and dropped a 92 EX coupe white 2 dr 5 spd with a fully swapped H22A4 for only $600!!!!!!!! I bought this car primarily for parts potentially if needed but also a "real life example" of what I am about todo.
          Who knows, I may get my Hondata S300 chipped ECU and have someone tune this car (after I give it a complete tune up including timing belt water pump etc) and may like it more than my 4 door.......

Doubt it, the 4 door looks WAY better!!!

Body 1 - 10 Rating 9-10
          Interior Rating 5-6 right now at least...till a good cleaning
          Engine Tranny H22A4 tranny M2Y4 which is I "think" non-LSD.....

The car drives but needs crank pulley replaced Im told. I will know more tonight when I get her home...

to be cont....
          So you got exactly what your looking to build yet you want to use it as a parts car?
          What’s wrong with the newly acquired Accord? If you got all that for 600 I would assume it’s pretty rough.

Is this the accord you bought?
          https://pensacola.craigslist.org/cto...673033741.html
          Last edited by Grumpys93; 08-17-2018, 12:12 PM.
          ~Nick~
          FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
          MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
            Yes this is what I was referring to. Thank you Will!

So you got exactly what your looking to build yet you want to use it as a parts car?
            What’s wrong with the newly acquired Accord? If you got all that for 600 I would assume it’s pretty rough.

Is this the accord you bought?
            https://pensacola.craigslist.org/cto...673033741.html

Thats the 1!! My passion is the 4door sedan. I bought this 2dr because as far as under the hood goes, it has exactly what I am looking todo and it was cheap.

Its a 93 not 92
            Last edited by smac; 08-17-2018, 06:25 PM.

Comment

Might I recommend doing the maintenance and a quick tune-up on that car, as well as the necessary repairs he's saying for the crankshaft pulley (though the vagueness here has me pretty worried for you), and just drive it for a while?

This accomplishes two things.

1) It allows you to go ahead and get rid of your other car that's causing you to have a monthly payment that you're looking to offload.

2) It allows you to take your time with the sedan and get it torn down slowly and methodically. This will allow you the perspective needed to see which parts need upgrading, repairing or maintaining without a time constraint. Check for bushings, stuck caliper slide pins, worn lines and hoses, leaking radiators...all that. Simultaneously, you're able to ensure that the engine you're hoping to use as the transplant is up to the task of ultimately powering your daily driver. Ultimately that means determining whether or not the engine has a blown head gasket, bent valves, worn rings, a bearing on its way out, and similar issues that are beyond the scope of what would be addressed if the engine were out of the car to go into another one, anyway.

It sounds like you've got a great platform to start with. That coupe will also be useful for parts once you pull the engine from it.
              My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Might I recommend doing the maintenance and a quick tune-up on that car, as well as the necessary repairs he's saying for the crankshaft pulley (though the vagueness here has me pretty worried for you), and just drive it for a while?

This accomplishes two things.

1) It allows you to go ahead and get rid of your other car that's causing you to have a monthly payment that you're looking to offload.

2) It allows you to take your time with the sedan and get it torn down slowly and methodically. This will allow you the perspective needed to see which parts need upgrading, repairing or maintaining without a time constraint. Check for bushings, stuck caliper slide pins, worn lines and hoses, leaking radiators...all that. Simultaneously, you're able to ensure that the engine you're hoping to use as the transplant is up to the task of ultimately powering your daily driver. Ultimately that means determining whether or not the engine has a blown head gasket, bent valves, worn rings, a bearing on its way out, and similar issues that are beyond the scope of what would be addressed if the engine were out of the car to go into another one, anyway.

It sounds like you've got a great platform to start with. That coupe will also be useful for parts once you pull the engine from it.
                Exactly! Same idea I had in mind.

Since I now own a manual, I am leaning towards leaving my auto 4dr auto, but add LSD and a low 6-9PSI daily boosted f20B. What are the absolute parts I should get before going with a daily driver low boost car?
                For instance, new pistons, rods, etc, I am willing to change these types of internals as long as no machine shops are required.
                I am not into racing or driving crazy. I am more concerned about longevity but good fun power.

I would imagine a setup of this nature could do 220 WHP pretty easily without really stressing internals (GRANTED the TUNE is right)etc..and for that, I am providing HONDATA S300 full package for the tuner.

With my idea of the f20b, would/could I get the Manual version ( more aggressive cams) and bolt it up to a MP1A LSD auto tranny?
                Or perhaps the h23 with auto LSD?
                I see there is a good amount of info on here for the f20b swap too but not as much as h22. I am considering the f20b/h23 because their much cheaper and as far as bolt patterns seem to line up with our cb7's without too much fuss.
                Last edited by Jarrett; 08-20-2018, 10:48 AM.

Comment

If your plan is to keep the sedan automatic, and to entertain between an F20B or H23A, then I've missed the point of acquiring the other car, then.

For the sake of giving you the information you're asking for, yes, either scenario will work. The trick to either will be finding an MP1A with an LSD. That transmission was available in both North American and Japanese markets, but only Japanese market MP1As were available with an LSD. Key word is available, as not even all JDM MP1As had them. I've owned two. One with and one without. Both from JDM Accord SiRs.

If you're looking to avoid machine work, presumably due to cost, then know that anything you do with these engines and forced induction will be on borrowed time. Of course, mild driving habits and a lower power setup will go far toward extending the life of your engine, but these engines we're simply not designed to handle higher cylinder pressures. They do have the advantage of being cheap, though. So, if you were to break ringlands on a piston, you could buy a new F20B for $600 or an H23A for $900 and start over. Sell off the usable parts from the previous one to cover new fluids, seals, gaskets, etc. It's not the way I would want to go, but it's possible.

My vote is always going to be for the H23A over the F20B. The displacement difference is noticeable, especially with low-RPM street driving. This will be especially true with the automatic that will be less friendly toward high-RPM power.
                  My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

thought?

Wouldn't a f20b (Higher Revving version etc) BOOSTED, in a long LSD geared automatic, be a good thing????

Comment

My vote is always going to be for the H23A over the F20B. The displacement difference is noticeable, especially with low-RPM street driving. This will be especially true with the automatic that will be less friendly toward high-RPM power.

To this point thoug, perhaps h23A boosted with auto LSD????

Comment

Ok I’m going to be your reality check. You will not be able to buy an h23/f20b, boost it and hope that it will last you longer then a year. You are literally all over the place with your ideas. That transmission alone will cost you as much as the engine.

You need to seriously figure out what you want to do and go with that. You bought an accord with everything you wanted except the LSD. And now you are changing your mind and throwing a turbo in the mix. If you were to build a proper turbo kit it would cost you well over 5,000. Believe me there are members on here including myself that will vouche for this.

If I were you I would get the 600 dollar accord running right and use that as my daily. Then I would save up money and start sourcing parts for your dream build. I am well over 10k in my current build and I am close to being complete. Not to the point were I want it but to were my cb will be boosted again.

If your planning on boosting then I would go f20b as it has iron sleeves but both motors are going to require some maxhine work if you want to make it last. As well as only run 5psi max.

Also I have not seen someone boost an automatic and the transmission last long either.
                        Last edited by Grumpys93; 08-20-2018, 01:55 PM.
                        ~Nick~
                        FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                        MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

smac you are all over the place man You get a gift from God with this cheap coupe and you start thinking of ways to get in more trouble.....

I would leave the 93 LX alone outside of bolt ons and suspension work... find a clean 5 speed shell and swap the H22 stuff over to that. No it's not as sexy and Internet cred friendly as a "turbo auto F20B!" but it's realistic and reliable, which anyone who has actually built project cars will tell you is more valuable than sex appeal. Especially on a budget with no experience. Use your head man...

Originally posted by lordoja
                          im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
                            Ok I’m going to be your reality check. You will not be able to buy an h23/f20b, boost it and hope that it will last you longer then a year. You are literally all over the place with your ideas. That transmission alone will cost you as much as the engine.

You need to seriously figure out what you want to do and go with that. You bought an accord with everything you wanted except the LSD. And now you are changing your mind and throwing a turbo in the mix. If you were to build a proper turbo kit it would cost you well over 5,000. Believe me there are members on here including myself that will vouche for this.

If I were you I would get the 600 dollar accord running right and use that as my daily. Then I would save up money and start sourcing parts for your dream build. I am well over 10k in my current build and I am close to being complete. Not to the point were I want it but to were my cb will be boosted again.

If your planning on boosting then I would go f20b as it has iron sleeves but both motors are going to require some maxhine work if you want to make it last. As well as only run 5psi max.

Also I have not seen someone boost an automatic and the transmission last long either.

I really appreciate the input and experience here, however I think you all are cutting Honda's WAY short. Hating as it were.....

I owned a DD almost two years boosted 95civic 4dr Lx JDM D15BVtec that I put together along with a couple co-workers. After blowing two motors ( I havent learned how to tune YET but will soon hopefully) I found someone local who originally tunes DSM motors that tuned my automatic stock tranny JDMD15bVtec and I ran 7-10psi for almost two years!!!

I sold this car running like a champ and never heard a peep from a chic heading off to college in it...

I would add the following items that I had to the list in fairness.
                            93 Octane only
                            Greddy Turbo Timer
                            Full header wraps
                            Kept AC and Ran both fans ALOT because its Orlando Fl and its 110 degrees in the shade like every day....

Are the civic trannys that much better than accords? I see them as Honda and making alot of different kinds of everything for car engines/transmissions and they seem to just keep going....and going.......and going.....as long as you get a reliable tune and do your routine maintenance etc...
                            WATCH your gauges ( its kinda what they were designed todo in the first place ) as they have helped me on NUMEROUS occasions in the past......

Comment

Man this is really hard. I am putting alot of pressure on myself in getting something ordered by tomorrow night. There are a ton of great options to go with and NONE of them are bad because after all, it will more or less be estimated 200HP more in my clean body cb7, with a new engine. This is SO sweet. I have liked the cb7 for a long time...

I am seriously considering 92-95 h22a JDM because its 200HP roughly and OBD1 would mean I wouldn't have to swap that too. To me this would "feel" easier?? Is this wrongful thinking??

Also same thoughts with boost here. Is boost completely out of question here even if only 5-7psi?

Comment

Originally posted by smac View Post
                                Man this is really hard. I am putting alot of pressure on myself in getting something ordered by tomorrow night.
                                Why?

Originally posted by lordoja
                                im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Working...
                                X