Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

wheel spacers??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wheel spacers??

what size of wheel spacers should i get for my front wheels so i could fit my center caps??
    rear wheel

front wheel center cap wont fit cuz of the he nut on the middle

It would probably be easier to modify the center cap rather than installing extended stud/wheel spacers.

Also FYI, those are not the right center caps for your wheels. The right center caps for those wheels are supposed to cover the lug nuts too... but it doesn't look like they will fit with your aftermarket lug nuts.

Comment

At the most, you could perhaps fit a 7mm spacer, but I know that you can definitely fit a 5mm spacer.
      | Cali Accord Meet | FatFourCustoms | HS4Lyfe

Do It Once, Do It Right!

Comment

I would never risk putting spacers on my car. Why not just get normal lug nuts and run the proper large center cap that is made for those wheels?

Comment

There is nothing wrong with putting spacers on his car. Nothing catastrophic will happen if he does. You will be okay

Do It Once, Do It Right!

Comment

5mm is more than safe on stock stude 7mm+ needs extended studs
            spacers are safe if ur not puttn tha car on the track even then spacers are fine as long as they arnt 1 in

Comment

Originally posted by mkdb89-02se View Post
              5mm is more than safe on stock stude 7mm+ needs extended studs
              spacers are safe if ur not puttn tha car on the track even then spacers are fine as long as they arnt 1 in
              Does that mean track cars that run a 3mm spacer, which come to clear the calipers when you purchase Spoon calipers, are not safe?

Do It Once, Do It Right!

Comment

Originally posted by scanlessfool View Post
                Does that mean track cars that run a 3mm spacer, which come to clear the calipers when you purchase Spoon calipers, are not safe?
                no please re-read
                i knw people tracking cg's with 5 mm spacers and no problems , i just meant dont go to high personaly i wldnt go over 15 mm

Comment

Originally posted by mkdb89-02se View Post
                  no please re-read
                  i knw people tracking cg's with 5 mm spacers and no problems , i just meant dont go to high personaly i wldnt go over 15 mm
                  I understood what you read. My comment was targeted towards this section of your reply:

spacers are safe if ur not puttn tha car on the track
                  Why do you recommend not going over 15mm?

Do It Once, Do It Right!

Comment

Spacers also add leverage that can put significant wear on your wheel bearings... but hey, they're perfectly safe, and I don't know what I'm talking about.

However, I will never risk putting spacers on my car. You guys can do whatever you want.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                      Spacers also add leverage that can put significant wear on your wheel bearings... but hey, they're perfectly safe, and I don't know what I'm talking about.

However, I will never risk putting spacers on my car. You guys can do whatever you want.
                      ur right but it that was so significant then might as well not put anything but factory wheel and never drop ur car, might as well keep it stock
                      hey not tryn to slam but there is risk with many mods all about what ur willing to do

back to subject , 5mm shld do good for what ur doin and u shldnt see any significant differance in wear of any items, i knw im new to cb7 but im not new to hondas or cars
                      hope this helps u op

Comment

To everybody who recommends spacers:
                        how did you determine that 5mm spacers provide enough clearance for those small center caps?

5mm isn't that much and by looking at the picture, it looks like it may not be enough.

Anything over 5mm and you are getting into either extended studs or Ichiba-type spacers... at which point, you'll PROBABLY want to do all four and it will cost as much as a set of new wheels to do it right.

Comment

i personally would just leave it as it is but if i had to i would just put 3mm cause it doesnt look like it needs much room in order for the cap to fit
                          I love my cb7

Comment

Deevergote is right. You definitely put extra stress on your wheelbearings by adding spacers. It also reduces the lifespan of your wheel bearings and puts extra streaa on you wheel lugs. However, it looks like you like the look of those extended wheel nuts on your car. I would just go for extended wheel studs all around. It would definitely look cool. Then add any spacer you want.

Purchased From: busak87, GunRunner, Bruce Banner, Itstatcb7kid707, tJoods, DannyD

The Caravan 2015
                            MRT:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=180919

Comment

Yeah, if you're going to run any spacers at all, you should always upgrade to some quality extended studs. You don't need to be taking a corner hard and shear off your lugnuts because they were only screwed on halfway...

Remember, NO amount of looking cool is worth risking your life! If you want an extreme looking car that's unsafe to drive, you should get yourself a trailer for it... and a nice, safe, powerful truck to pull it.

Comment

Working...
                              X