Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2014 CB7tuner.com calendars (CB7s and "Other Automotive")

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2014 CB7tuner.com calendars (CB7s and "Other Automotive")

It's that time again.

I know this is long, but please read everything before submitting photos.

I have 3 basic requirements for the images themselves:

-They must be LARGE high resolution images. 2300x1800. No other size. Not larger, not smaller. It's not my job to crop your oversized picture. Crop it if it's too large or shaped differently.
    (If the picture was taken at a smaller size, DO NOT RESIZE IT TO BE LARGER!)
    -They must be 200dpi
    -They must be in JPG format

If you do not know how to determine if your photos are correct, I suggest you find someone to help you. If you do not know how to crop your photo to fit the size requirements (if it is too large), find help. I will not do it for you. Please don't waste my time.

This is very important. If the image isn't high-res, then it will appear grainy. It will look TERRIBLE on the calendar. Therefore, it will be a waste of my time, and a waste of your fellow members' money. If you have a great picture of your car that doesn't meet the requirements... sorry... can't help you.

All submissions must be sent to me at deevergote@comcast.net.
    All submissions must be in a single ZIP file (even if you are only sending a single photo). Name the ZIP file in this manner:

username - real first name - city, state, country

So:
    deevergote - Mike - Woodbury, NJ, USA.zip would be the file name.

This way, I don't have to track you down to get this information if your image is selected. This information WILL be printed on the calendar.

Please don't send me every file on your hard drive. Send no more than THREE pictures to me. If you send more than three, I won't even bother looking at any of them. Straight to the trash they will go.

Specify which calendar your submission is for in the email title. While it will be clear when I open the file, it'll help me keep them organized before I start sifting through them.

All these things are absolutely necessary for your submission to be considered.

ONE MORE TIME...
    because history shows people clearly don't get it...

Name
    Screen name
    Location (city, state, country)
    Specify CB7 or OA calendar in email title.

-Send no more than THREE pictures IN A SINGE ZIP FILE. Emails with individual pictures will be instantly deleted.
    -The zip file must be named with your name, screen name, and location. Emails without this will be instantly deleted.
    -Please send only ONE zip file. I don't want a million zip files from you.

Keep in mind that all submissions become property of CB7tuner, for use on the 2014 Calendar. This calendar WILL be for sale, with the profits generated going to support this website. No members will be compensated monetarily for their contributions.

Continue reading the posts below to get a better idea of the types of pictures I will be selecting.

Now, for the pictures themselves...

FOR THE CB7 CALENDAR
    -If your car shows damage in a picture, it will be rejected.
    -If parts of your car are unpainted, or mismatched, it will be rejected.
    -If the image is blurry, it will be rejected.
    -If the image is modified noticeably, it will be rejected (no creative photoshopping... though touching up and minor enhancements done by EXPERIENCED photoshoppers are ok)
    -If you send me a picture of a car that is not a CB7 (or other 4th generation Accord)... take a guess.
    -It should go without saying that the car in the picture must be YOUR car.

FOR THE "OTHER AUTOMOTIVE" CALENDAR
    -If your car shows damage in a picture, it will be rejected.
    -If parts of your car are unpainted, or mismatched, it will be rejected.
    -If the image is blurry, it will be rejected.
    -If the image is modified noticeably, it will be rejected (no creative photoshopping... though touching up and minor enhancements done by EXPERIENCED photoshoppers are ok)
    -It should go without saying that the car in the picture must be YOUR car.

Please take the background into consideration. If the picture of your car is nice, but you're parked in front of a unappealing background... the image won't be pleasing to look at. No parking lot pics, with your car next to some beat up SUV being loaded full of groceries by an old lady. An impressive background can make for an impressive picture... even with a car that is not terribly impressive.
    Be mindful of the background, that it doesn't "bleed" into the foreground. If it looks like there is a pole or tree "growing" out of your car's roof... no dice.
    Please try to submit pictures that don't show your windows rolled down... that just looks awful.

No people in the shot, if you can help it. If there are people, be sure they're a distant part of the background.
    Please don't send pictures of yourself posing in front of your car (even if you're a pretty girl.) Likewise, no pictures of your friends, girlfriends, moms, grandmoms, dogs, etc... CARS ONLY.

Comment

COVER IMAGE
      One other thing to address is the cover image. In years past, the cover image had been selected long before the inside pages. However, this year, I have no image picked out yet.

So, we need something good!

The size and resolution requirements remain the same, but that's it.
      The cover image is not limited to a clean, clear photo of a nice CB.
      The cover image can be an artistic shot that doesn't feature all of the car, such as CustomLowz's shot that graced the 2008 cover.
      The cover can be an image that has been heavily manipulated, or even fully computer generated (like Lynx's 3D model that was on the 2010 calendar.)
      It could even be hand-drawn... though I have yet to see anyone's work that would qualify (and anything that good would surely have been shared!)

The cover SHOULD be a bit more creative and less "yup, that's a car" than the rest of the pages.

And of course, this does not count as part of the three image limit for the regular submissions. Still, don't send me more than 3 cover ideas, either!

Comment

Any questions?

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
          Any questions?
          Does the 'other automotive' have to be a picture of a car? Or can it be some other mode of transport?
          Gary A.K.A. Carter
          [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
            Any questions?
            Why is thread over a year old?
            Just kidding, However:

If a member got into the calendar last year, Can they enter again for this year (Obviously with a new picture)?

Also does the "Other Automotive" submissions have to be a car?
            Could say, a Motorbike, Gokart or shopping trolley etc, be submitted?

Edit; I should have read Gary's reply first

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

I hadn't thought about bikes...

Cars are preferred, but a bike (or some other form of transportation) could potentially make it in, if the picture is good enough.

If you made it in last year, you're still welcome to submit a new picture. The fact that you made it in last year will be weighed in the decision, so you'll be lower on the list of consideration. BUT, we didn't have enough submissions until the very last minute last year... so you may make it in!

I'm hoping to have these done in the next 3 weeks. It'll be nice to have them available for Christmas orders.

Comment

I am going to be giving my car a thorough wash soon and try to find new locations for a shoot to submit my pictures (hopefully we will get more submissions sooner.) sucks she doesn't look any better than last year (as a matter of fact, worse because she got hit again...........)
                1997 Ford Explorer V-6 AT (what a piece of junk)
                1993 Nissan Sentra M/T (front end damage, off road for now)
                1999 Mercury Mountaineer V-8 A/T - RIP (rolled: totaled)
                1992 Honda Accord A/T EX - RIP (transmission shot: sold to junkyard)

Comment

What if you made it last year but with a different vehicle, does that lower the chances still?

Comment

Seeing as it's nearly December and I've received 0 submissions since making this thread over a week ago... chances are good you'll make it in.

Comment

Guess it is going to take until January or February again like it did for last years calendar I have a newer camera to take a better quality picture this time around. I will get mine submitted asap (I think I am going to wash my car and go for a shoot Monday)
                      1997 Ford Explorer V-6 AT (what a piece of junk)
                      1993 Nissan Sentra M/T (front end damage, off road for now)
                      1999 Mercury Mountaineer V-8 A/T - RIP (rolled: totaled)
                      1992 Honda Accord A/T EX - RIP (transmission shot: sold to junkyard)

Comment

I remember the days when people actually wanted to be in the calendar.

Comment

What's the skinny on this? Still on or no?

In case it is, what's the deal with name stamps and what-not in the corners?

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                          Originally posted by Jarrett
                          Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

my submission

"Tucking tires and wires."
                            The Chronicles.

Comment

^^^It's missing body panels. Doesn't count.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                              Originally posted by Jarrett
                              Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Working...
                              X