No announcement yet.

cd5 front clip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

all sheet metal was moved and restyled for the newer year. yeah it looks similar, but i agree - they are definitely different enough that itll be quite a bit of work to get everything to match up correctly, since everything will be off by at least a little bit.

and by "different enough," i mean pretty significantly completely different. youd have to get very creative and be ready to do a lot of work. but people do...
    Last edited by cp[mike]; 11-08-2013, 12:32 AM.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by FuriousJDMLBM View Post
      Oh hey, an old Honda that looks like every other beat up old Honda I see running around these days. It must be an unspoken rule that your hood cannot match the paint of the rest of your car. The sad thing is I wouldn't have even noticed the conversion if I wasn't looking for it, because all I see is another ratty Honda.
      ford guy?

Ah yes, pop rivets, the key to any good bodywork. If you're going to form custom fenders, learn to weld and blend them. The key is to make it look the part. Trying to use pop rivets and then shaping over that is going to get you nowhere, but I suppose your solution would be to pour on the Bondo, right?
      Pretty much... Pop rivets and bondo fit into my budget/time available/A.D.D. routine. lol. It looks decent enough on the rear quarter so why not?

I'm sure if i was repainting the sistine chapel I'd actually try hard to do it correctly. But considering there isn't a reason to weld it (other then satisfying other peoples OCD) over just using pop rivets and filler , I suppose I'm gonna use pop rivets and filler.

I don't consider bodywork a very "functional" part of a car. Other then aerodynamics and styling. At least on the front quarter panels it shouldn't matter if it's welded or riveted.

Comment

i like the cb7 front clip WAYYY better than the cd5. the integration of the foglights are alot more stylish and classy than what they did on the generic integration of the cd5's using the same foglights as on the 4g preludes to save a buck as a common trend in newer car manufacturing.
        frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

Originally posted by emosun View Post
          ford guy?
          ?

What does Ford have to do with this?

Originally posted by emosun
          Pretty much... Pop rivets and bondo fit into my budget/time available/A.D.D. routine. lol. It looks decent enough on the rear quarter so why not?
          Bondo looks like crap. I'd rather see rust than a sad attempt at a bush league repair. Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should.

Originally posted by emosun
          I'm sure if i was repainting the sistine chapel I'd actually try hard to do it correctly. But considering there isn't a reason to weld it (other then satisfying other peoples OCD) over just using pop rivets and filler , I suppose I'm gonna use pop rivets and filler.

I don't consider bodywork a very "functional" part of a car. Other then aerodynamics and styling. At least on the front quarter panels it shouldn't matter if it's welded or riveted.
          Bodywork not functional? That's a good one. Crash protection is a good one, fuel economy, protection of people and items around them.

But hey if you want to cobble together something that looks exactly like that, a pathetic attempt to cobble something together using the absolute lowest common denominator fixes, enjoy.

Comment

?

What does Ford have to do with this?

Bondo looks like crap. I'd rather see rust than a sad attempt at a bush league repair. Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should.

Bodywork not functional? That's a good one. Crash protection is a good one, fuel economy, protection of people and items around them.

But hey if you want to cobble together something that looks exactly like that, a pathetic attempt to cobble something together using the absolute lowest common denominator fixes, enjoy.

I never say anything like this and this will probably get me banned for a bit, but shut the hell up. It's his damn car. If he wants pop rivets and bondo well whoop de fucking doo! Hooray for him! But don't go off telling him his car is going to look like shit because he didn't do it the way you would've. And if he doesn't see sheet metal and body work as having any significance in a cars functionality well god damn that's just the way he thinks. Get the hell over it.

Guy, do the CD5 conversion and do it your way. I'm sure it'll come out great and I'm actually eager to see it done again. I personally think the CB9 looks so much better with that better flowing front end. Almost like what for did for the Taurus wagons eh?

Comment

If your budget won't permit you to do this front clip swap correctly then maybe it shouldn't be done at all on your car. How are you going to cut corners and go cheap on something that isn't needed in any way other than a visual mod in the first place? That's one thing that never made any sense to me. "I want to do this visual mod to my car but I don't have the money to do it correctly so someone please tell me how I can completely half ass this and make my car look like a botched erector set made by a 3 year old?" Also, if the part numbers are different then the part is different....what's so hard to understand about that? And these people you aren't taking any advice from are people who have been dealing with these cars for a long time....but hey you know better than them cuz you've seen both gens of the car...yea okay. If you don't want to believe anyone or take their advice then just go do it and let us know how it turns out. I bet it turns out like shit though...

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneAccord View Post
                I never say anything like this and this will probably get me banned for a bit, but shut the hell up. It's his damn car. If he wants pop rivets and bondo well whoop de fucking doo! Hooray for him! But don't go off telling him his car is going to look like shit because he didn't do it the way you would've. And if he doesn't see sheet metal and body work as having any significance in a cars functionality well god damn that's just the way he thinks. Get the hell over it.

Guy, do the CD5 conversion and do it your way. I'm sure it'll come out great and I'm actually eager to see it done again. I personally think the CB9 looks so much better with that better flowing front end. Almost like what for did for the Taurus wagons eh?
                I couldn't have said this better myself man

It's funny how I can seem like the bad person for wanting to cut corners on a project....

.... until you hear the comments/responses from others.

Comment

Working...
                X