cd5 front clip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cd5 front clip

Yes , I'm aware there are other threads about this and I've read them a bit. However , many people haven't done it so I'd like to hammer out the details.

Ok first off...

from what I can see , the cb7 and cd5 share a very similar if not identical windshield/firewall/subframe/radiator support.

I'm aware the cd5 hood/lights/grille/bumper will basically bolt onto the cb7 with minor fabrication (as per another thread here on the forum).

I'm aware the cd5 fenders will not line up with the cb7 doors without grafting/combining the two.

I've heard that a cd5 coupe might be wider then a cd5 sedan possibly , or might have different fenders.

My question is this to you experts.... is what I've found out so far accurate?

I have a local you-pull-it junkyard with dozens of cb7's cd5's so sourcing parts isn't an issue.

I thought it was the v6 models that were wider than the 4 cylinder models for the 5th gen accord....?

Comment

Originally posted by oni_cb7 View Post
      I thought it was the v6 models that were wider than the 4 cylinder models for the 5th gen accord....?
      The V6 is just longer than the 4cyl counter part, much like a Prelude if you will.

To the OP: From the looks of it you are on the right track. I take it you are going to give it a go for the front end change? I would like to see pics of your progress, perhaps even a DIY. Good luck to you.
      The CB7 Collector.
      Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
      92 LX Coupe F22A1
      2013 Toyota Corolla S
      92 EX Sedan F22A1
      Originally posted by deevergote
      Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

Originally posted by emosun View Post
        Yes , I'm aware there are other threads about this and I've read them a bit. However , many people haven't done it so I'd like to hammer out the details.

Ok first off...

from what I can see , the cb7 and cd5 share a very similar if not identical windshield/firewall/subframe/radiator support.

I'm aware the cd5 hood/lights/grille/bumper will basically bolt onto the cb7 with minor fabrication (as per another thread here on the forum).

I'm aware the cd5 fenders will not line up with the cb7 doors without grafting/combining the two.

I've heard that a cd5 coupe might be wider then a cd5 sedan possibly , or might have different fenders.

My question is this to you experts.... is what I've found out so far accurate?

I have a local you-pull-it junkyard with dozens of cb7's cd5's so sourcing parts isn't an issue.
        none of those 5th gen parts listed is similar to the CBs lol. firewall is set farther back in a 5th gen. the radiator support sticks out more forward. and the windshield is different too. also the subframe has different mount point, & rack mounting point.
        Originally posted by oni_cb7 View Post
        no wider. but the part from the front wheels forward is longer. hence longer bumpers, radiator support, fenders, hood, ex
        Last edited by Night Wolf; 10-28-2013, 11:30 PM.

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
        01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
        93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
        93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Originally posted by Night Wolf View Post
          none of those 5th gen parts listed is similar to the CBs lol. firewall is set farther back in a 5th gen. the radiator support sticks out more forward. and the windshield is different too. also the subframe has different mount point, & rack mounting point.
          That's funny because when I look at it I'm having a hard time seeing any differences other then maybe the headlight area. You sure you aren't referring to the sixth gen?

Because the cb7 and cd5 empty engine bays look pretty much identical....

Comment

Comment

That's funny because when I look at it I'm having a hard time seeing any differences other then maybe the headlight area. You sure you aren't referring to the sixth gen?

Because the cb7 and cd5 empty engine bays look pretty much identical....
              no, I mean 4th gen and 5th gen. and its all in the up close details. trust me, Ive owned both, & I regularly work on both.

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

I find it odd then that besides the fenders all the cd5 parts bolt onto the cb7 with little to no modification

Comment

example...

4th gen SM4 part

5th gen SV4 part

check out the part numbers...

Comment

I find it odd then that besides the fenders all the cd5 parts bolt onto the cb7 with little to no modification
                    not all, just some stuff they were too lazy to re-engineer.

Comment

not all, just some stuff they were too lazy to re-engineer.
                      ....like the front clip , which is what i want to do.

btw here's the link to the car where everything bolted up except the fenders.

http://www.mycb7.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=1837

Originally posted by justin'saccord View Post
                      its not a he its a she ....... i kno the girl that owns it and i took the pics of it lol but ya it bolts right up the only mod you need to do is cut the fender to the shape were the windsheld is at and maybe in large the holes to bolt up but eveything else fits

Comment

check out the part numbers...
                        Ahh yes. The part numbers. That's why a cb7 and a cb3 are 100% different. Different numbers. Means different car.

Comment

youre kidding right? thats one sloppy execution of that idea. horrible gaps, and uneven parts.

Ahh yes. The part numbers. That's why a cb7 and a cb3 are 100% different. Different numbers. Means different car.
                          thats the chassis code. not the part number. two different things. if the part is the same on another honda, itll still have same part number. look it up dude.
                          Last edited by Night Wolf; 11-05-2013, 10:06 PM.

Comment

youre kidding right? thats one sloppy execution of that idea. horrible gaps, and uneven parts.
                            funny how the hood lines up with the width of the cb7 hood and the bolt holes.... Almost as if it was the same frame but different outer panels.......

That being said the only gaps I see are where the headlights meet the fenders , so pop rivet some cd5 fenders halfway onto the stock fenders and it'll be good.

Comment

Oh hey, an old Honda that looks like every other beat up old Honda I see running around these days. It must be an unspoken rule that your hood cannot match the paint of the rest of your car. The sad thing is I wouldn't have even noticed the conversion if I wasn't looking for it, because all I see is another ratty Honda.

funny how the hood lines up with the width of the cb7 hood and the bolt holes.... Almost as if it was the same frame but different outer panels.......

That being said the only gaps I see are where the headlights meet the fenders , so pop rivet some cd5 fenders halfway onto the stock fenders and it'll be good.
                              Ah yes, pop rivets, the key to any good bodywork. If you're going to form custom fenders, learn to weld and blend them. The key is to make it look the part. Trying to use pop rivets and then shaping over that is going to get you nowhere, but I suppose your solution would be to pour on the Bondo, right?

Comment

Working...
                              X