CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Beginner forum -- New members post here! > Beginner Technical/Performance

Old 04-22-2015, 02:53 PM   #1
jrsteinmetz55
Newcomer

jrsteinmetz55 is cool... so far.
Question F22A6 Engine stalls at just over 4000 rpms.

not sure exactly What's wrong. No check engine light. Thought the problem was with the spark plug. The valve cover gasket was leaking into one of the spark plug chambers. replaced the gasket and I'm still getting the same problem. Car starts right up after it dies after a little hesitation. Idles a bit low as well. Runs decent as long as I don't push it much over 4000rpms. any ideas as to what might be wrong??
jrsteinmetz55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 03:37 PM   #2
Tishock
Contributing Member

Tishock is someone to admire Tishock is someone to admire Tishock is someone to admire
How do the spark plugs look? Does the engine only stall under load @4k or can you replicate the issue while parked revving the engine up to 4k? Does the car feel under powered throughout the rev range and cuts out at 4k? Or does it feel fine and then cuts out at 4k? Have you done any recent work on the car other than the gasket?

I'm leaning towards fuel supply but I need a lot more data.

Tishock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 04:19 PM   #3
jrsteinmetz55
Newcomer

jrsteinmetz55 is cool... so far.
Unhappy

The car feels weak throughout the rpms but it doesn't start bogging or stalling until I get over 4000. I also smell unburnt gas while revving someTimes. It also died for the first test while revving in park today. I checked all the plugs and siliconed the gaskets. Checked connections. Plugs look new.
jrsteinmetz55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 04:04 PM   #4
93redcb7
CB7tuner Member

93redcb7 seems to have made some friends! 93redcb7 seems to have made some friends!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrsteinmetz55 View Post
The car feels weak throughout the rpms but it doesn't start bogging or stalling until I get over 4000. I also smell unburnt gas while revving someTimes. It also died for the first test while revving in park today. I checked all the plugs and siliconed the gaskets. Checked connections. Plugs look new.
i would check o2 sensor for giving a rich mixture, TPS might not be working 100% right and coil for maybe a weak spark
93redcb7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 06:50 PM   #5
F22Chris
CB7tuner Member

F22Chris is very helpful F22Chris is very helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrsteinmetz55 View Post
The valve cover gasket was leaking into one of the spark plug chambers. replaced the gasket and I'm still getting the same problem.

From the original post, it sounds like you didn't replace the lower tube seals. If the plugs and wires are still oil soaked, there's your problem.

Did you take off the rocker arm assembly and replace the o-rings on the bottom side? Or did you just replace the valve cover seals?

Tags
f22a6 , help me , techical

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: