Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Transmission Issues some advice please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transmission Issues some advice please

I have an Auto 90 lx coupe Ive been having this problem with the transmission ha comes only once a year but for every year iv'e had it. Only in the winter doesn't really matter if its cold or no i think only when it's starting to snow sill not sure . the transmission stays in 2nd or 3rd gear the whole time i can't shift i manually like using 1,2,3,or D4 or anything .. First and foremost the ( S ) light stays on the whole time and only when the car is on the car makes this kinda loud buzzing sound almost right above the driver side fuse box like in the dash kinda behind the vent closest o he window. And this really kills my gas mileage. So now i finally am looking to fix it i assume is the Transmission Solenoid both of them so i think im going to replace that but also Iv'e never done a transmission filter change or fluid change plus you have to drop the trans to get to the filter which is out of reach. but i just wanted to know if anyone has had this problem and how did you fix it... oh and yes only during he snowy season this happens its perfectly fine throughout the rest of the year...just some hard shifts and some idle problems at start up which ill be cleaning out the IACV very soon

thanks in advanced
    Originally posted by deevergote
    Calling your USDM Accord "JDM" is like calling President Obama "African".

READ this article. You may have stored trouble codes in your TCU that may help you diagnose the problem.

http://techauto.awardspace.com/transmission.html

Comment

ok even though that was helpful it still didn't answer my question as to why does it only lock up in 2nd gear when its cold and yes yesterday it finally hit 20 degrees with wind chill and now its back again for the 3rd year in a row i need some more input ill be posting up a video on youtube to let you hear what it sounds like as well maybe tomorrow

Comment

video may help maybe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80lDDGWXF0U

Comment

Working...
        X