Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

91 Accord, Gas Pedal, RPM problem? Werid noise?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

91 Accord, Gas Pedal, RPM problem? Werid noise?

Hello there guys, dont usually post on the forums, as whenever I have a problem, I go through past threads and usually find my solution. Anyways, I have a werid problem that i havent found the solution for.. So before I bring it to the shop, I just wanna get some input before I go!

Whenever I step on the gas pedal for acceleration, it goes up a certain amount of time then loses power? Im not quite sure how to say it. I would have to release the gas pedal and then accelerate it once again to pick up power, but then it'll just lose 'power' once again. If I were to drive for a bit longer, the Check Engine light goes on, and the problem disappears. Im thinking this might cause my Check Engine problem. Also, my car makes this.. werid loud rotation noise as it picks up a certain amount of speed. It sounds like.. the pipes are turning, and it rotates faster as I go faster.

If I didnt describe my situation well enough, Ill take a video of the problem! If you guys have any more questions, I will defiantly answer them.

Help me out please and thanks in advance guys!

Which code is the check engine light throwing? (it might helps us diagnose the problem)
    Originally posted by deevergote
    These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

Not quite sure what that question is asking. But once the check engine light comes on, it stays on until the car engine is off. I turned off the car, then back on, and the check engine isnt there anymore. But the problem is the same, until the check engine light comes back on.
      Last edited by cb7stat; 03-31-2011, 06:00 AM.

Comment

check out the procedure here for diagnosing a CEL:

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=21259
        Originally posted by deevergote
        These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

Thanks, will check it out the first thing tomorrow morning! Any one else have any other inputs?

Comment

No clue at all as to the issue though maybe its in your explanation of the problem perhaps. It's an interesting issue to say the least im trying to wrap my brain around it ( with my limited Exp) And I don't get it though, I would love to see the follow up after the issue is fixed to see what it was that causing the problem.

Comment

What have you checked so we can eliminate all of those options? Or did you not check anything yet? If you bring it to a mechanic without any knowledge of what the issue seems to be he might try and rip you off (unless he is your friend or a reputable mech.) I had the no start main relay. Dumb mech wanted to replace my distributor.....just an example for ya. Hope we can figure out the issue for you.

Comment

The code will almost certainly be Code 43, "fuel supply system". This is more often than not an o2 sensor error code. The reason why the car bogs is because the o2 sensor is sending incorrect feedback to the ECU, which is overfueling the engine. When the CEL goes on, the ECU then runs the engine in open loop mode, which ignores the o2 sensor input, and fuels the engine by a pre-determined fuel table in the program. That's why it seems to run properly when the CEL comes on.

Pull the code, as instructed above. If it's 43 or 41, it's the o2 sensor for sure. Replace it with a Denso or NTK/NGK unit. DO NOT GET BOSCH! They don't work, and most autoparts stores will give you a Bosch sensor when you ask for an o2 sensor for your car.

Comment

Ive done the procedure, and you were right. The code was 43. It also might explain why ive been using up more gas than I should!

Ive been looking around for a cheap Denso and found this.

http://www.amazon.com/Denso-234-4095...ar=1&carId=001

Where can I find the o2 sensor? Ive been trying to search around a bit and only found descriptions. I was wondering if there is any pictures showing where it is located? If not then, I will probably bring it to my local mechanic

Hope this works once replaced! Thanks
                  Last edited by cb7stat; 04-13-2011, 05:29 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X