No announcement yet.

dhill_cb7 : 1993 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice to see you back man haven't spoken to you in awhile.
    **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
    Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
    Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Originally posted by F20A CB7 View Post
      Nice to see you back man haven't spoken to you in awhile.
      Thanks man i know, i am still around and the cb is stronger than ever except her body is eating away at her, i want to see from an expert if she is worth keeping. If not i am willing to buy up a wag and use her for spare parts.

I miss you guys (everyone that has given support and love towards my project and everyones here on the site). It has been way too long.

Comment

Here is my next project along with new struts/springs which i am purchasing tomorrow(pictures to follow tomorrow after work).
        I had foggies a few years ago back in 2010 but i never had them wired up properly. This new set is a complete 90/91 fog set with a,b, & c harness. So i feel i am confident i can tackle this. It is from the junkyards so I hope it works. What i plan to do is wire it up and test the whole set before i take the bumper off and cut holes.
        Pictures to come tomorrow after work.

Comment

Nice man. Where you been at lol?

BB6->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=200445<Summer Lover
          BD6->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=194262<Dailey/Future AutoX
          Mazda 6s->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201313<Wifes
          CB7->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=189108<Sold

Comment

Originally posted by AAPOQ View Post
            Nice man. Where you been at lol?
            Working between 35-40hrs while taking 4 to 6 classes a semester I just knew if I was on here I would not get my school work finished. It was not an intentional hiatus but I just needed to get some stuff done.

The cb just hit 120k the other day. My whole front end needs replacing, starting with all the bushings and struts/springs. I did the brakes,rotors,bearings,hubs and axles the end of last summer. I hope none of that stuff went bad, but it is possible.
            I am going out to get a shop press for the bushings because i used the rented one from autozone before and I did NOT get how the little C clamp worked. I tried to line it and use my rachet, no dice. I even tried to line it up with the impact and, no dice.
            That is why i want to get a shop press so i could just take the entire lower control arm to replace the bushings.

Comment

I hear ya, man. I work 40-50 hours a week. Its hard to find the motivation to work on my project...
              Keep at dude. you'll get there

BB6->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=200445<Summer Lover
              BD6->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=194262<Dailey/Future AutoX
              Mazda 6s->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201313<Wifes
              CB7->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=189108<Sold

Comment

Originally posted by AAPOQ View Post
                I hear ya, man. I work 40-50 hours a week. Its hard to find the motivation to work on my project...
                Keep at dude. you'll get there
                Thanks man I appreciate the motivation and kind words. The only real big issue is I like to work with someone or multiple people on a project and the only person around here I know is "Straightsuccess" and he is so busy that i feel bad bothering him over petty repairs.
                Would be nice to meet more locals that are down to get dirty and fix cars (hopefully cbs )

Comment

Finally
                  Some pics.

Comment

We got the same color car. Red tails. Just I did a diy to them. I have a bra but a visor now. I need amber corners. See wat u can do
                    **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                    Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                    Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Have not updated my MRT in almost two years. Still have the cb. Have not done too much too her. Muffler fell off after this rough winter so I went back to stock lx and one of main seals towards the front of the enginer blew last year and I almost got rid of her.

The guy who worked on her (wish it was me but i do not know what i am doing with major components) said honda realized there was an issue with this seal and issued a kit for it but apparently mine was never outfitted with this kit? I did not know what he meant.

At the junk yards I was able to snag two little blasted clips for the inside of my rear doors. I can't open the doors from the inside! Only from the outside!

I also smacked into my fence one foggy morning about two months ago and destroyed my passenger mirror. I grabbed a black one from a '90 at the yard. Luckily it was power and everything works like a charm!

I am in need of a new oil pan again and a new flex pipe again. The hills are soooo bad around my area, hence my user name.

Enough of me rambling on to the pictures:

If you want to see the before and after of an untreated hood: check out my earlier pics for the before.

Last edited by dhill_cb7; 05-11-2015, 11:05 PM.

Comment

Still have her I see!
                        The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Originally posted by Straight Success View Post
                          Still have her I see!
                          You bet! I do not want to ever get rid of her. I recently just had her inspected through 2017!

I always dread inspection because around here the OBD1 inspection stations are few and far between. Luckily I found a shop on the way to work and they were extremely down to earth.

She was exempt from emissions (under 5k in Pa i believe) and safety they said she did not need any work.

I now know that my crank shaft seal is leaking oil and they told me that in order to replace it I should do the timing belt and water pump.

At this point I am happy she passed inspection. The odometer just broke 131k the other day as I am driving more this semester because I cannot take Statistics II online.

I am moving out in two months with my girlfriend so I am not sure how much work I am going to be able to do there. Most apartments do not let you work on your cars there and for good reasons.

The rust has started on my right rear quarter panel and is beginning to bubble.

Money is not the major issue for me. It is where I can store the vehicle. My family is not accustomed to keeping a car very long. They do not understand why I want to keep my baby.

Comment

Originally posted by dhill_cb7 View Post
                            The guy who worked on her (wish it was me but i do not know what i am doing with major components) said honda realized there was an issue with this seal and issued a kit for it but apparently mine was never outfitted with this kit? I did not know what he meant.

I now know that my crank shaft seal is leaking oil and they told me that in order to replace it I should do the timing belt and water pump.
                            That seal is pretty common for walking itself out. I had it happen on my motor. Honda made a kit to fix it, which is really cheap I might add, but it wasn't a mandatory recall type item so unless the car was worked on by Honda, odds are it won't be installed yet.

They say to do a timing belt and water pump mainly as a precaution. It's kind of a pain to go in there so if your going in you might as well replace the parts and it's not something that needs servicing often. Do you have to do it? No. Is it a good idea to do it anyways? Yes.

Your car has relatively low miles for its age. Just make sure to nip that rust while you still can before it gets out of control.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike1357 View Post
                              That seal is pretty common for walking itself out. I had it happen on my motor. Honda made a kit to fix it, which is really cheap I might add, but it wasn't a mandatory recall type item so unless the car was worked on by Honda, odds are it won't be installed yet.

They say to do a timing belt and water pump mainly as a precaution. It's kind of a pain to go in there so if your going in you might as well replace the parts and it's not something that needs servicing often. Do you have to do it? No. Is it a good idea to do it anyways? Yes.

Your car has relatively low miles for its age. Just make sure to nip that rust while you still can before it gets out of control.
                              Thanks a lot Mike. It really means a lot to hear kind words and someone helping me out. In real life everyone wants me to get rid of 'Betsy' but i love her to death.

If anyone lives near me, my zip is 19026, I will pay to have you help me fix my car. I would love to give money to a CB7tuner member. I know there are some reputable guys who live in jersey but I do not know of any around Philly anymore.

The only two I knew were Joshua(f22a, R.I.P) and Straightsuccess(who is in cali now) so if anyone else around here can help me it would be much obliged.

Right now I am just adding oil as I need. I would prefer to learn how to do the timing belt and the crank shaft seal myself.

If anyone is interest I do have the available space here in Drexel Hill so just let PM me or respond to the thread.

Thanks a lot guys and I appreciate everything this community has to offer.

Comment

I will get pictures of the rust up ASAP. Right now I am awaiting to hear from WCU about class tonight.

If anyone is local I am always down to help on repairs and meet new people!

Comment

Working...
                                X