Remove Light Scuffs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remove Light Scuffs?

So, I bought a new car, but on the 9thcivic forums the guys don't seem too helpful lol..wondering if you guys have any ideas?

I accidentally bumped into someone's rear bumper yesterday. I was barely even moving, I'd say no more than 1-2mph. I didn't get any dents, but his Jeep seemed to have left some scratches or scuff marks? I ran my finger through it and there doesn't seem to be any valleys. How can I remove these thin vertical grayish lines?

My first bet would be scratch doctor.

Orange tube, can get it at any auto store.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
      My first bet would be scratch doctor.

Orange tube, can get it at any auto store.
      Will I need to polish that specific area to make it shine like the rest of the car again?

Comment

Originally posted by dannyhsu View Post
        Will I need to polish that specific area to make it shine like the rest of the car again?
        Well with the scratch doctor, you just apply it like wax.

Wax it on the spot(s) that need it, and then after a few minutes wax it off with a clean rag.

Usually most stuff disappears when you rub it in the first time.

After that you can clean/wax the car as normal.

Comment

I would first try clay barring it to remove any contaminates on the surface that are existing or transferred from the other vehicle. I would then try something like 'Scratch-X' from Meguiars. It is possible to do it by hand (I did it once, took 8 hours to do the entire car, and even then not as thorough as I would have liked), but I would HIGHLY recommend use of a polisher. If you have access to a polisher, then might as well do the whole car, but use a less abrasive polish, and finish it off with a nice wax.
          PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

you can simply do a compound, but it might not remove every scratch 100% so maybe your gonna need to wet sand with 1500 grid or 2000 grid and do a compound after
            mcguiar's is my fav. but lots of brand out there will do the job as well.
            if you can find 3000 grid sand paper (3M makes it) it will make it very easy to polish by hand, if you just wetsand at 1500 or 2000 and dont have a polisher, your gonna have to rub the surface for a while to remove all your sanding marks

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201008

Comment

True story^^^
              Try the meguiars compound then polish first, if you aren't satisfied with the results then you can wetsand it.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Working...
              X