No announcement yet.

SUSP : rear disc conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

by the looks of it (i'll find out for sure on wednesday...2days from now) if the rear discs from a 89 acura legend fit. i'll have to post pics if they fit, but just by eyeballing it it appears to fit. I have to try soon though. I'm thinking that i'll just hook it up and leave off the ebrake cause that doesn't look like it will work...hopefully i can figure a way to make it work. till then peace!
    WTB:
    88-01 prelude 2.0si (3g) si (4g,5g)
    OR
    90-93 Accord.

Has to be 5spd, has to be CHEAP. SUPER CHEAP. Will be in Indiana in February permanently and want a project car when I get settled in.

Comment

anyone currently sellin parts for the swap?? I'm looking to get rid of the drums asap since they happen to be leaking like a bitch. Lemme know

Comment

I know it isn't an ideal solution, but I do have a set of rear drums that I would let go cheap. Complete rear suspension if you want it. I'll even throw in a brand new set of OEM Honda shoes with it.

Just a thought. If you are dead set on rear discs (now would be a good time to do it), you shouldn't have to look to hard to find a donor.
        The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

thanks for the offer, but i figure since the drums are shit and i wanted to swap someday anyway, nows a good time to go ahead and do it

Comment

i have a prelude that im parting out in my backyard.. could i use the lude parts for the conversion?

Frost White CB7 Crew #26

Comment

anyone know?

Frost White CB7 Crew #26

Comment

The suspension setups are so similar it would definitely be worth a shot. The subframe might be different, but I would imagine that it would be interchangable with the Accord one. The "platform" for the two cars is the same, so if I had to guess I would say yes.

You should give it a shot and let us know.

Comment

NO! they will not work. prelude rear suspension is very different! the only thing you can use are the disc rotors and hubs, brake calipers and lines (cable and hydrolic). you will not be able to use the trailing arms.

prelude 92-95

accord 90-93
                  1cor10:31
                  - 92 LX coupe
                  - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

SEE!!!!!!!!

I told you not to do it! LOL.

Seriously though, I stand corrected.

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit
                      SEE!!!!!!!!

I told you not to do it! LOL.

Seriously though, I stand corrected.
                      THANKS A LOT MAAN!!! haha sike na.. damn i thought it would work.. damn.. well.. ill see what i can do with it.. ill let you guys know..

Frost White CB7 Crew #26

Comment

damn Mr. Timmy. good job on the writeup man...you will not believe how long i have searched for something like this...now if only i can get enuff money to do it.. and um owequitit..good job on almost sending 91whitecb7 down the wrong path lol..that was pretty funny..pe@ce love and chicken grease from the middle east..

SHO

Comment

Thanks for the info about the swap...I was hoping it wouldn't be a huge headache to do and you made the whole thing sound fun. I guess the biggest problem is going to be finding the parts! thanks again!
                          And remember kids, if it's wet, it's not a fart.

'91 Wagon

So far it's ugly:
                          Injen short ram, DIY Grill, Arospeed F/R Strut bars, SS Brake Lines, AEM pads, drum to disc swap, Brembo drilled & slotted rotors

Comment

Originally posted by timmy0tool
                            NO! they will not work. prelude rear suspension is very different! the only thing you can use are the disc rotors and hubs, brake calipers and lines (cable and hydrolic). you will not be able to use the trailing arms.

prelude 92-95

accord 90-93
                            I have been thinking about this, and while true, it is atypically Honda. The 84-91 Lude stuff pretty much interchanges with the 82-89 Accord and we all know the 97-01 Lude stuff pretty much interchanges with the CB and CD cars...shouldn't have tried to make an educated guess I suppose.

Comment

i just got the parts to do the swap on my 91 accord. i talked to a guy at my local shop and he quoted me $250 to do the install. Is that a lot? I could do it, but don't know if i have the time or the knowhow. The parts i got are from a 90 accord and the mechanic said that the e-brake assembly is different from 90 to 91. True? or will i have to do something to mod the e-brake to get it to work? i haven't had a chance to get under there and look yet.

also, if you are in the los angeles area (i think they ship parts too), i got the disc assembly at HONDACURA PALACE. WWW.HAPIMOTORS.COM. they charged me $150 for the set. Another wrecker quoted me $250. Just thought i would pass that info on.
                              And remember kids, if it's wet, it's not a fart.

'91 Wagon

So far it's ugly:
                              Injen short ram, DIY Grill, Arospeed F/R Strut bars, SS Brake Lines, AEM pads, drum to disc swap, Brembo drilled & slotted rotors

Comment

As far as I know, it is impossible for you to have a disc setup from a 1990.

It may be a 91 SE though.

Mine is a 90 and the brakes on mine came off of a 1992-93. They had an offset ebrake handle due to the center console, but the cables and cable mounting bracket under the car were identical. I had ZERO problems or fitment issues.

Comment

Working...
                                X