Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Renz0 - Accord CB3 from Slovakia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Renz0 - Accord CB3 from Slovakia

Hey there, I'm René and I'm from Slovakia in the Europe. I've got dragged into Honda like three years ago, I had a CC7 Accord before, but what really caught my eye was a CB7/CB3. Such an astonishing car. I said to myself I have to have one of those. So I went online, and in the Europe there are like ..uff.. 15 of them in total? So after long days I managed to find one in pretty bad condition, but for like 500$. Whatever the costs would be, I knew I was going to turn this car into a machine.

That's the arrival after 600km ride across the whole country. Shot springs, bad alignment, brake problem and CEL 12 on the dash, damn.

After I went to register it, in the meantime someone rear-ended it and drove off. I found the guy and he paid me 150$ and we were done.

I had idle problems, so I went around the intake system nd found the throttle body plate was full of gunk. So I've cleaned it.

Family problems, had to move. That's one ghetto parking / service spot. Don't judge it, heheee.

Parked, here we go!

Started dismantling it.

In the process of dismantling, I found a gloryhole. Hehehee. Not really. Full of rust and rotten metal. Argh, I was on the edge to give up. I did NOT.

Car was sent to a local welder. Hopefully he can fix what is really broken.

While it was gone, I was working on some minor stuff around the car. Fogs - extremely hard to find in EU - and I f*cked up on the left one - the hole's too big on the bottom. Some fiberglass will have to fix it.
    And a grill. Not a 100%, but for the first time it ain't bad. I'm looking for G-Square at the moment, so this one for the moment will do. It's not even polished, or nothing.

So yeah, that's it for now, hopefully this thread will get updated more frequently with new stuff and I'd like to see your feedback too!

Comment

There's a '90 Accord on eBay.co.uk that's being parted out for spares. Shipping may still be a premium all the way to Slovakia, but it's probably better than getting things from the US, like quarter panels or large items.
      My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Thanks, I'm checking it out. Although, all chasis parts are available in some shops, so I'm good on those. I can't find the red/clear tail lights anywhere, even U.S eBay.

Comment

Very cool, thanks for sharing.

Will be staying tuned to see how it turns out.

Comment

whoa the rust! good luck on the process of restoring the cb. Good to know that you didnt give up on her.

Comment

Visited the welder I was talking about earlier. He did a really great job on the car, waiting for the final outcome.

Last edited by Renz0; 07-13-2017, 02:29 PM.

Comment

I'm surprised the jack point in the rear worked and didn't cave in! Also in the pictures, what is up with the drivers side rear tire? Is it bent inwards?

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                  I'm surprised the jack point in the rear worked and didn't cave in! Also in the pictures, what is up with the drivers side rear tire? Is it bent inwards?
                  The jack point is long gone. The rear was supported on actual control arms, on it's bushings, rofl. To the actual tire itself - I'm not sure about the vehicle's suspension health. Almost thirty years of not caring about it maybe paid the price of shot control arms? When I bought the car and had to drive it 650 km home, I knew the alignment is out of the world already. Maybe that alignment makes it look like it's damaged? Hmm, who knows. Other than that, I'll do the undercoating shortly and move onto the suspension things and will post as soon as I get something done. Thank you for the reply!

Comment

The car's still being worked on. Damn, I wish it was home already! I was working on front lights in the meantime, used a different technique. I didn't cover all the chrome on distance lights in black due to Slovakian restrictions on car visibility, mfh.

I used a heat gun just because the stock connectors and wires were still attached to the light nd the bolts were really rusted up.

Primer - 4x, black gloss - 4x and matte clearcoat 3x

Done. Did it for the first time and for begginer I did a good job. Saved like 200$ if I wanted to buy pair on eBay.

Comment

Grabbin a seat over here in the corner ... this is gonna be gooood ... popcorn anyone?
                      Doin a great job Renzo ..

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
                      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

Originally posted by PakaloloHonda View Post
                        Grabbin a seat over here in the corner ... this is gonna be gooood ... popcorn anyone?
                        Doin a great job Renzo ..

Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by Renz0 View Post
                          The car isn't home yet. Therefore, I went to fix the rear bumper. Small crack, like 5 cm long and 1 cm wide.

I'ver sanded with 60, then 120 grit nd finally with 240 grit sandpaper. Used a plastic welder and a small cutout piece from the front bumper when I was doing the fog lights - did it for the first time though! Sanded that a little, cleaned with isoprophyl alcohol to remove any grease from my hands. I've applied a bumper bondo - plastic, 2K one. Let it sit for a hour and half to harden.

After that hour hand half I sanded the area with 80, 160 and 240 sandpaper to smooth out the finish. No more cracks, no more wicked and crooked fit on the car. Everything is solid and isn't going anywhere.

Comment

Picked up dome parts for 200€ - that's like 200$ really. Ranging from doors with all the motors, all ther beads and windows, interior parts of almost everything there to big suspenion parts - knuckles, hubs, rotors.. Everything for a cost of a dime. Excellent buy.

The value? I don't know, maybe around 600$? Some of those I will keep,
                            the rest I will sell for sure to get some money back.

Comment

I noticed that your interior looks to be a dark gray or black leather. And it's a manual trans. You won't get that combo here in America. Especially 92-93 models. Very nice. Btw cel 12 is egr. I would start with looking for vacuum leaks in the line coming from the egr going to the map box on my the fire wall. Make sure that is where the line runs also. If it is plugged to the wrong port somewhere else it will throw cel 12. Next the egr sensor/pump itself might be bad or sticking. Unbolt it and clean it. Worst case the whole intake manifold is clogged at the egr ports. It's common also and it sucks to fix. Some characteristics will be (falling on its face) throttle response off idle in warm temps. Not fun when it wants to die in traffic because you're forced to push in the clutch lol.
                              5 studded & leather clad - Praise The Lowered

~Mark~

Comment

Working...
                              X