h22 oil squirters in an f22 f23 block?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

h22 oil squirters in an f22 f23 block?

I've been digging for pictures of this for a while and it looks as though it could be possible and knowing how similar the castings for H and F blocks are I feel like it should be some drilling and tapping away from working. But I can't seem to find the kind of detailed pics I need to see what I want to see. Does anyone have pics of where the oil squirters hook up and all the mounting points of the setup in an h22? I want to add them to my next project. I'm sure someone will point out why it's not worth it or why I don't need them and I understand it's a common sentiment but I will be building an engine with a really low rod stroke ratio and believe it will need all the cylinder oiling I can give it to survive. So please if you have some oil squirter pics of your H22 please post them or pm them to me!

I have been looking into doing the same thing with my F22 build. In saying that, if you are using F22 rods you don't need to add another squirter. The F22 rods have them built in.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=196519

Reason I am doing this research is because my aftermarket rods (H22A) do not have oil squirters built into them. The physical drilling and tapping into the block oil galley is the easy part. What I am interested in now is finding out how to supply oil to them in a fashion that will not drop the overall oil pressure to the engine.
    MR Thread
    GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

I'm going to be using k20 rods in a f23 engine so I'm going to have a really low rod stroke ratio and it'll be turbo'd so good cylinder oiling will be this build's lifeline. isn't there a pressure regulator that will maintain the oil specs despite the increased oil being circulated/relieved?

Comment

I'm going to be using k20 rods in a f23 engine so I'm going to have a really low rod stroke ratio and it'll be turbo'd so good cylinder oiling will be this build's lifeline. isn't there a pressure regulator that will maintain the oil specs despite the increased oil being circulated/relieved?

Comment

Yes there is an oil pressure relief valve that regulates the oil pressure. In our case that is based on a spring. From my research I have found that both the H22A1-4 and F22A1-6 use the exact same relief valve and spring.

part numbers;
          15231-PE0-000 VALVE, RELIEF
          15232-PG6-000 SPRING, RELIEF VALVE

So I guess we should be good to add them. After doing some more research, maintaining oil pressure on the stock lubrication system shouldn't be an issue.The F22A pump should put out the volume to maintain that pressure.
          MR Thread
          GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

you da best Ghost! And F blocks have the boss that just needs drilled and tapped or something to that effect for the oil squirters to be added?

Comment

Originally posted by DunKrS View Post
              you da best Ghost! And F blocks have the boss that just needs drilled and tapped or something to that effect for the oil squirters to be added?
              Not exactly, that is something I am still working on. I know where the oil galleys are located. Just need to find an area with enough meet to drill and tap. it is a current work in progress
              MR Thread
              GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Ghost did you ever figure this out by chance?
                MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Working...
                X