Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ohh my...back in the days when we was strong...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Junior Smurff View Post
    Dude let's get a meet like this going! BTW who's Black coupe with BBS RS's??! That thing was CLEAN!!!
    LMAO, cali had like 4 of those at one time.

It was always competition, who could out do the other, and the AOM's...... GOD i miss those times.
    From swaps,to 5lug, to projectors, to wire tucks, to stanced, to turbo.
    We've done it all and also made DIY's on it too.
    Like a lot of people here i was on this site every day until it crashed hard, after being so long without it i found other things to do.

The CB scene is pretty much dead when you compare it to previous years and the new kids aint helping it either, scenes and trends change you cant do anything about it.
    In a couple of years no one will know who Beethoven was or what opera is either.
    The only thing you can do is let go of the past and educate the future, because the future is really ignorant

i still havent lost motivation on my car, i still think about shit that i want to do to this car and that i know one day I wont have it no more, its life as i know it, so i cherish it as much as i can.

With most of the cali guys out of the scene, that means i have the hottest/cleanest coupe, here's a little motivation guys
    Originally posted by deevergote
    Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

Who's car is this?

STANCE|WORKS

Comment

Originally posted by cb7_tillidie View Post
        Who's car is this?
        Projekt (sp?), aka AIRRIDEACCORD (Or something close to that. I can't remember)
        ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::For Sale Thread::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

:::::::::::::::::: S2K::::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::::: CB7:::::::::::::::: Flickr

Comment

Money was a big issue for me personally. I have six kids, a mortgage payment, and was taking care of my mom and sister at the time I built my accord. Took about three long hard working years. And I can proudly say that I did every small work to big in my garage. Minus the tuning by Bisi. And all money spent was about 15k total. For a 1990 accord lx. I mean, went from sohc to dohc. Auto to manual. Etc. and yes, most of my parts were also second to third hand owned prior to me.
          Personally, I don't clown on no ones car. Even if you rocked replicas. If that's you, then that's you. But owning something authentic, will make you appreciate your car even more and get others to appreciate it more also.
          Take my old cb's chrome lip, it was a love it or hate it. I loved it! And took the risk, and fortunately it came out alright.
          Advice to all the newer generations, whatever trend you like, be it hellaflush, not flush, whatever. Just make sure it is done proper, and to your likings. Take critics and use it more of a positive note to make your next idea on your car even better to shut anyone up. Hence why I spent so much money on it. Not to brag, I got invited to hellaflush and a show that Promotion threw a couple years back. But I knew to myself that my car was no way near their level. That's why I turned it down. Most of all, have fun building your cars and stay safe out there. I am here to help and advice anyone out there.
          Note: I get all my advice From all the OG so cal guys. Let's bring back our titles and reputation.
          The beginning of a new era............................
          165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
          184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

Originally posted by PR CB7 View Post
            The CB scene is pretty much dead
            Its true. Why do you think that is?

I lost all interest in CBs. If I get another Honda it will probably be a Prelude, and I definitely won't dump $$$$$$ like I did in my last cars.

Originally posted by lordoja
            im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Why you bringing up old shit?

I had to sell the wagon the other day to pick up a 97 Subaru Legacy wagon, needed something AWD to deal with all this fucking snow. That's life man, I'll have a CB one day again for the 1000th time.
              CiRcuS kiNgZ

Comment

maybe i just being a tad biased... but i think this is the cleanest coupe still....

Last edited by GHOST 2.2; 02-18-2012, 05:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GHOST 2.2 View Post
                  maybe i just being a tad biased... but i think this is the cleanest coupe still....

]
                  +1
                  Freedom Is Not Free
                  U.S Army 02/08 Medically Discharged

Comment

think again....

btw show me that clean bay
                    Originally posted by deevergote
                    Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

Originally posted by PR CB7 View Post
                      think again....

btw show me that clean bay
                      after all these years you're still trying to win battles... get over it bro, i was just joking about my car being the cleanest coupe.

sorry i sold that car 4 years ago and took on a better project which im almost done with also. so imagine if i dumped all that money 1 cb. Not to be big headed, if i wanted to...im sure i can turn out a damn better product than that. i already built 3 cars opposed to your 1 car.

plus im already considering a 4rd project because im over this one...

btw i bought this car bone stock. AAAnd within a year its already show status. The next year after that i anted up and the car a whole new paint job.

Nice engine bay btw..
                      Last edited by GHOST 2.2; 02-18-2012, 10:36 PM.

Comment

Ok Oscar we get it you have a nice coupe. That I must say. But when building anything have fun and build it for you not to shut other people down or be big head about it.
                        NEW CB

old Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX MRT

new
                        DARKCLOUD : 90 ACCORD EX MRT

Comment

Originally posted by Darkcloud View Post
                          Ok Oscar we get it you have a nice coupe. That I must say. But when building anything have fun and build it for you not to shut other people down or be big head about it.

Ditto on that.

Comment

I can relate to this thread. I used to run a lot of stuff for NWTuner.com. Every week we had 20-30 cars out to meets. We would meet at a place in town and cruise out to a local Denny's. Brought them so much business that I got free food there. We had hundreds of active members and people would drive hours to get to our meets. The guys were all like family. Then the economy took a shit and people started dropping like flys.

It isn't just CB's, it's all cars from all over. The whole tuning community has taken a hit, old and new. My best friends were made from the tuning community, mainly NWT and sadly it just got shut down earlier this week.
                            '93 H22A 5SPD SE - MRT - DIY-Turbo Sizing

Comment

Now now ladies
                              CiRcuS kiNgZ

Comment

Originally posted by domesticated View Post
                                I can relate to this thread. I used to run a lot of stuff for NWTuner.com. Every week we had 20-30 cars out to meets. We would meet at a place in town and cruise out to a local Denny's. Brought them so much business that I got free food there. We had hundreds of active members and people would drive hours to get to our meets. The guys were all like family. Then the economy took a shit and people started dropping like flys.

It isn't just CB's, it's all cars from all over. The whole tuning community has taken a hit, old and new. My best friends were made from the tuning community, mainly NWT and sadly it just got shut down earlier this week.
                                I agree, I was one of those that made some road trips to hang out with people I didn't know, but we all shared a common interest, our car, no matter the make, model, whatever. It was cool and as previously mentioned, I'll miss NWTuner, there was some pretty cool people on there. Didn't really see a lot of "who's car is nicer"

Comment

Working...
                                X