Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the new bumper trend

kinda annoying isnt it?

Starts with the GTR and it tricked down. I hate it to say the least. First was he last gen eclipse now everyone else.

Comment

Wide mouths are popular, apparently...

Comment

=

And yeah I find the GT-R knock-off grilles, with that black bumper bar, annoying too.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

dont forget the evo also..

the company that has gone that route recently and have nailed it is lexus.. i LOVE their new styling cues.. yes, the models kinda all look the same, but its in a good way

Comment

The new Lexus front end is growing on me. When I first saw it, I hated it.

All these new bumper designs are due to the "pedestrian safety" requirements... we need these ugly high fenders now, and a big blocky bumper would look absurd. They open them up, which also increases engine cooling... but they look like hungry fish.
            Most new car designs look like crap, IMO. Audi is probably the only automaker that has an entire line that I truly like, appearance-wise. They also have the least guppy-esque front ends!

Comment

Every car is a cookie cutter now. Nothing stands out anymore.

I do agree, I really do like the new Lexus look. The IS has always been one of my favourite cars since it came out and started the Altezza tail trend.

Comment

That and everything has fogs now....
                The CB7 Collector.
                Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
                92 LX Coupe F22A1
                2013 Toyota Corolla S
                92 EX Sedan F22A1
                Originally posted by deevergote
                Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

i can live with it, some do look worse than others tho.
                  FRIENDS
                  DONT LET
                  FRIENDS
                  ROLL ON
                  ROTA'S

Comment

Never noticed the mustache on the rest of them. I only paid attention to it in the BRZ since I plan to get it.
                    10th Anniversary Accord.
                    05 Audi A4 Ultra Sport 6MT.

Comment

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
                      Every car is a cookie cutter now. Nothing stands out anymore.

I do agree, I really do like the new Lexus look. The IS has always been one of my favourite cars since it came out and started the Altezza tail trend.
                      The IS has always been a stunning car, both the old one and the new one.
                      The IS-F is something I drool over regularly (there's a black one in my area that I see on occasion.) Although the new front end detracts from the non-F, I feel. From what I can tell, the IS-F didn't get the new funky front that all other models got.
                      My friend has an 04 IS300, and it's a sweet car. It's a shame Lexus gave us a sporty 3 series competitor without making a true performance model, though. 220hp, 5 gears, and a squishy suspension detract from what that car should've been. The engine and transmission were both shared with the lower-model Supras... why not use the stuff from the higher-end Supra (6 speed and turbo), and slap in a stiffer suspension? Silly Toyota...
                      Anyway, I'm dragging this off topic. Carry on!

Most cars today are just blobby to me. Nothing looks sporty anymore. Sometimes the lines look cool... but it wears off quickly. My little CB7 looks so much sportier to me than any Accord released in the past 3 generations... and the Accords are among the better looking blobs on the road these days!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                        Wide mouths are popular, apparently...
                        And they've been around for a long time also!

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
                        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

Originally posted by PakaloloHonda View Post
                          And they've been around for a long time also!

Now THAT's a bumper!
                          90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
                          08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

you hit a pedestrian with those old metal bumpers and their legs come off and stay off!

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
                            It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

I hate it too. so stupid.

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                              01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                              93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                              93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Working...
                              X