CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Beginner forum -- New members post here! > Beginner Technical/Performance

Old 06-30-2013, 08:14 AM   #1
2winRB25
CB7tuner Member

2winRB25 is cool... so far.
Automatic seat belt does not retract completely

Im new member here and I own a 91 Accord. My problem is the driver side seat belt has a hard time going all the way back forward when you open the door. I can put my hand on it and help it go all the way forward and it does go forward this way with no problems. I looked for an answer here a few times already but I cant seem to find one with my exact problem. My motor works and its really strong so I know its not the motor or anything really obvious. I have also looked in the door with the panel off but I cant see well enough to verify whats going on. The track is also clean.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
2winRB25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 02:40 PM   #2
2winRB25
CB7tuner Member

I read somewhere on the internet about safety systems like SRS and seat belts being guaranteed for life. So this morning I decided to take it to Honda and see what they say. To my surprise they got it right in and fixed it for free. The part was $350 and with labor they said it would have been around $500. So I'm pleased to say the least.
Old 07-02-2013, 04:48 PM   #3
Firstoff
CB7tuner Member

Firstoff is cool... so far.
good information to know, my rear left belt is, behaving poorly, it wont retract at all lmao, which is annoying when you have to ferry multiple people at time every know and then (i refuse to let anyone in my car without them wearing the seatbelt) so you just took it to the dealer then?
Firstoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 08:15 AM   #4
2winRB25
CB7tuner Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firstoff View Post
good information to know, my rear left belt is, behaving poorly, it wont retract at all lmao, which is annoying when you have to ferry multiple people at time every know and then (i refuse to let anyone in my car without them wearing the seatbelt) so you just took it to the dealer then?
Yes. I took it to Springfield, about an hour away from me, to the Honda dealer there and told them what was going on. They looked at it real quick and said they would cover it under one of their company policies and it would be done in about 2 hours. And it was. Now it works great.
Old 07-03-2013, 07:09 PM   #5
Firstoff
CB7tuner Member

Firstoff is cool... so far.
That'll save me a few dollars, I just planned on rippin one out of a Honda at a junkyard, did they ever tell you why it wasn't functioning correctly?
Firstoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 08:14 PM   #6
2winRB25
CB7tuner Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firstoff View Post
That'll save me a few dollars, I just planned on rippin one out of a Honda at a junkyard, did they ever tell you why it wasn't functioning correctly?
Yes they did. They actually showed me when I came back to pick up the car. It was not the motor but the "drive" as they called it. It was missing some teeth I'm guessing.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: