Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for older 2D adventure games (Zelda-style console games)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for older 2D adventure games (Zelda-style console games)

My Raspberry Pi is all set up with RetroPie/Emulationstation... and now I need some games!

I just recently played through the original Zelda, as well as A Link to the Past. I'm a good bit into Secret of Evermore, but I'm playing that on my PC (can't transfer the save file over, and I'm too far in to start over!) I beat The Secret of Mana years ago, though I may replay that.

That's essentially what I'm looking for. I keep coming across the same games in lists found on Google, and I'm looking for some fresh ideas. There HAVE to be some good games out there that I'm totally forgetting!

I'm not looking for side-scrolling games, 1st person / 3D games, or turn-based RPGs (for once... I normally love those! I intend to run through the entire Final Fantasy and Dragon Warrior collections sooner or later.) I'm feeling the open-world, treasure-hunting type stuff like Zelda and the like.

I can play games from pretty much any console released through the PS1 (N64 doesn't work very well, though... or so I've read. Apparently Dreamcast works, but I haven't tried it. No Saturn or Jaguar.)

From the SNES you have Lufia I and II. They are more akin to Final Fantasy which you want to play anyway. Others from the SNES would be Breath of Fire and Secret of Mana. I also loved Illusion of Gaia, I don't know how many times I've played it. Very similar to Zelda though.
    Last edited by Rilas; 01-13-2016, 06:08 PM.
    MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

When I loaded games onto my SD card for the Pi a couple weeks ago, the games I chose were Rock N Roll Racing (not as cool as I remember), Robotrek, and Lufua I & II (I is one of my favorite games ever... I never actually played II!) And of course, Gran Turismo 2 for PS1 (simulation disc only.)

I played Illusion of Gaia way back... back when I would go out to Blockbuster (or whatever came before Blockbuster) and rent SNES games every friday night with my dad. It might be time to replay that one. Good call!

Comment

Mike you have to download PC-Engine Emulator (Turbo Grahpix 16) and get the games Neutopia I and II. They are Zelda clones, but they are good clones and I think you would have a blast playing my friend!!!

Also check out Startropics 1 and 2 as well. I mentioned them in another thread, but they are Zelda-esque as well. Take Zelda and Mario together and that is what you have! It's really good otherwise I wouldn't be telling you about it! It's on NES, you should check those out at as well!
        Last edited by HappyGilmore; 01-22-2016, 08:31 PM.
        The CB7 Collector.
        Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
        92 LX Coupe F22A1
        2013 Toyota Corolla S
        92 EX Sedan F22A1
        Originally posted by deevergote
        Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

Working...
        X