No announcement yet.

CB7Tuner.com Custom Shift Knobs - POLL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since we are chatting about other things now, can we make it so the shift knob works with the OEM shift boot? dress? (whatever you call that thing). Sucks when you have a nice shifter knob but the skirt just dangles below the knob haha...

Comment

^Absolutely. That is something that needs addressed.
      Click Image for CB7Tuner.com Beanies, Decals, & Keychains!

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
        Since we are chatting about other things now, can we make it so the shift knob works with the OEM shift boot? dress? (whatever you call that thing). Sucks when you have a nice shifter knob but the skirt just dangles below the knob haha...
        Absolutely agree
        I'm faster then a prius

Comment

Round or Type-R I'm used to.
          I'd like to try the Mugen though.

Maybe in a wood material. I think that would look cool.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Yeah wood had crossed my mind (I work with wood all the time, so it wouldn't be THAT hard to make). Matching it with the interior would be fairly simple with stains.

Just a quick update.
            I'm having a prototype run of three designs/shapes/materials made.
            I'll post pictures when I have these in hand. May even have to ship these around to a few of the members to see if/how they like them...

Also I will see what I can do about the stock boot issue that crops up with aftermarket knobs. If anyone has some suggestions on this, post them up too!

More feedback and input = Better products!

Comment

If we're already getting into the details of the thing, is there going to be a design or logo on it? I've had my eye on the Mugen spherical knob, which I think has a really cool design etched on it. Maybe replicate the style, but replace "Mugen" with "CB7Tuner"? That's if it ends up being metal/polymer and not wood. Only controversy there is the rare 6-speed K-swappers you might have to make a couple one-off knobs for.

Personally, I'm not concerned about the boot issue, since I'll be using a shifter extender to bring the knob closer to the steering wheel, and a boot rising all the way to the knob would look ugly in my case.
              Last edited by CyborgGT; 06-28-2017, 11:48 PM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

A logo will be applied to them in some manner, after all this is going to be unique, small production sort of item, so it has to be special. Having it in the middle like the Mugen one is a great idea!

And yes I was thinking about the K-swappers too. I think if/when we get a design agreed upon (or close to a unanimous decision), I'll see what it would take to make a handful of 1-6+R versions.

Comment

The first test/sample knob. Round, brushed stainless.

Slight issue with the engraving though... long story, but IF this style were to go into production the engraving will be perfect. And again, this a sample...

Other two sample knobs to come shortly.

Comment

Oh, wow, you actually went with the Mugen style! My only immediate complaint was the sharpness of the engraving, but it sounds like you've got that covered. Very nice. At this early stage, do you yet think pricing would be in the realm of common aftermarket knobs, or cost a slight premium for being so limited?

Looking forward to seeing your other styles.
                    Last edited by CyborgGT; 07-05-2017, 08:00 PM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Yep, the Mugen shift pattern lent itself well to getting the CB7Tuner logo in there. May have to tweak the graphic file a bit too, just have to wait and see.

(The 6 speed swappers will just have to wait for now, sorry. )

The engraving wasn't as spot on as we would like and a fix has already been put in place.
                      This is really only a stainless steel issue. Stainless can be 'gummy', just like aluminum and that is pretty much what happened.

The other materials shouldn't be an issue and I think are probably going to be a better option (in terms of quality of engraving, shape, and price).

Estimate is that this will be slightly more expensive due to the limited number that will be produced. That and depending on the style, shape, colors, materials, etc., the price will vary.

So IF/WHEN a design (or maybe even two if there is enough to warrant two designs) are decided upon, then and only then can I get a accurate and firm price on these.

Comment

Quick update.
                        I've been busy and it seems like everything that can go wrong, has gone wrong this week.
                        Two of my orders (not related to this) have been delayed or misplaced and playing phone and email tag with these companies has just pissed me off the last three days.

Nothing to report really, still sorting a few things out. Still waiting for the sample knobs to be produced... I've also reached out to two other places to see what they can offer.

Comment

Knobs will be in hand this Wednesday (unless USPS f**ks things up).
                          Pictures to follow along with discussion as to what direction we as a community want to go with them.

Comment

I am looking forward to the shift knobs, it's time to ditch my generic stainless shifter knob.
                            CB7TUNER.com
                            Educating each other one car at a time.

Comment

Are you getting all of them as a sample for each design? Im digging the round style looking forward to the Type R style.
                              Henry R
                              Koni/Neuspeed
                              1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                              1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                              Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                              made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

^ Somewhat correct. I am having samples produced by a few different companies and individuals to see what everyone would like. Not all shapes will be made as samples though.

Three samples will be in hand tomorrow afternoon with another sample or two sometime next week or the week after.

I hope a 'winner' will emerge from all of these.

Comment

Working...
                                X