How do i test egr control solenoid in control box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do i test egr control solenoid in control box

I got a 92 accord ex coupe. I have my control box off and want to test the things in there. I already had it off once before and the egr control solenoid valve was clogged. SO i unclogged it and still i get no vacuum to egr valve. Only spike to 5cm for a split second when rpm jumps from idle. No vacuum at above 3k rpms with warm engine. My gas mileage is horrible also. Doesn't work like it is suppose to obviously. I want to test the control solenoid to see if it is opening up. Can i just run a hot lead from my battery and do this. I want to test the other components in that box also like the purge cut-off solenoid valve and the constant vacuum control valve. Anyone know how to test these.

[edit]I tested egr control solenoid and it works fine. Easy test. Feel stupid for asking. Just needed 12v to lead and blow and see if it clicks and that you can blow thru. I will leave this post for anyone else. I'll probably make another post about why the solenoid doesn't open. I am going to go with egr lift sensor.
    Can't really think of anything else it can be at this point.Anyone, anyone?[edit]
    Last edited by zedjr10; 08-14-2017, 08:02 PM.
Working...
X