Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Clicking boost solenoid & running lean

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
    Using a GM 3bar map sensor. I've always had pipes blow off on this car, but i will admit the pipe that came off has never blown off before. So numerous items happened on the last drive:

- Mishimoto rad cap let coolant spit all over the place. Always happens, those rad caps suck. I think the locking tabs are too thin and bend.
    - Intercooler piping came un-done. Not the first time
    - Lean conditions while driving. This is a first as the issue prior was it happening at idle only (closed loop). This is why I was going to start with the O2 sensor (open loop).
    - When it stalled on the way home and I was coasting it home i had no electical, 4 way flashers, windows etc. Like a dead battery.

Got it home, let it cool down a bit.
    - Tested battery for voltage, was fine!
    - Looked around the engine bay, all looked fine.
    - Got in the car, started it and it started sluggish which is new.
    - A/F pegged at 16+ no matter what now. Revving or at idle makes no difference
    - No sounds of air leaks, etc.

As of now I parked it and I'm still pissed off at it. I have no car friends so this thread and google is all I got. I may tackle it this weekend and see what I can figure out; hook it up to hondata and get some graphs.

But I appreciate the feedback folks!
    didnt realize this was ongoing.

you have an electronic boost controller right?

seems like you may have an electrical gremlin after hearing everything in yiur last post. hard to suggest where to start with so much custom wiring.
    Originally posted by wed3k
    im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Ya, while i trust my electrical skills, this issue has been getting progressivly worse. And now the part or error has finally broken. Now the lean issue is on idle she's running like shit. Hooked up hondata today and ran it for 1min to get some graphs.

Ya. I know what you're thinking. WTF battery. lol. I'm going to fix the battery issue but I think I'm going to first start with replacing a bunch of shit. I know the battery and the ALT should be replaced. Hell, a semi f00ked up battery could be doing all of this. And we'll go from there. I trust my wiring, I don't trust a battery I've killed countless times and an alternator I had a PS fluid leak on years go and can't believe it's still running.

Thanks again everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
        Ya, while i trust my electrical skills, this issue has been getting progressivly worse. And now the part or error has finally broken. Now the lean issue is on idle she's running like shit. Hooked up hondata today and ran it for 1min to get some graphs.

Ya. I know what you're thinking. WTF battery. lol. I'm going to fix the battery issue but I think I'm going to first start with replacing a bunch of shit. I know the battery and the ALT should be replaced. Hell, a semi f00ked up battery could be doing all of this. And we'll go from there. I trust my wiring, I don't trust a battery I've killed countless times and an alternator I had a PS fluid leak on years go and can't believe it's still running.

Thanks again everyone.
        best of luck sir
        Originally posted by wed3k
        im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Pulled the AEM Wideband today...

Comment

well i used this link to test the sensor and all tests passed. I'm wondering if there is a chance the sensor was so clogged up that it couldn't function.

Comment

Working...
            X