Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

F22 turbo 92' lude vs. h22 94' lude

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by skinnye1
    what trim? plus at first I did'nt know you were talking about a prelude, a lude is extremely heavy, plus when you hit full boost does it stay there or drop down, I would check for exhasut leaks, boost leaks, etc. Plus get uberdata afc hack sucks.
    A prelude can't be any heavier than a cb7...a prelude's curb weight is 2750 I think. But yes there's something is seriously wrong with your set-up. You should beat an h22a1 with minor bolt-ons. By the way, the theory about his gearing to have him lost the race is wrong. I have an f22 prelude and I have the same tranny as an h23.

Comment

Originally posted by prelude9384
      By the way, the theory about his gearing to have him lost the race is wrong. I have an f22 prelude and I have the same tranny as an h23.
      ummm nope
      I hate thieves!

Comment

Well, the curb weight is 2809 lbs, and the transmissions are different. The H22 and H23 transmissions are much shorter than the F22

http://92lude.com/prelude_drivetrain_specs.htm
        Originally posted by DoctorCipher
        ...the beginner forum was created to provide a place for all the stupid ass questions to pile up and fester, kind of like huge globs of mayonnaise left in the sun for weeks at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by iamanonymous
          ummm nope
          uhh yea, i checked the tranny codes, both are the same.

Comment

*walks outside* Nope. Very different codes. Have you ever driven one and then the other?

H23 - 60mph @3000rpm (5th)
            F22 - 60mph @2600rpm (5th)
            Originally posted by DoctorCipher
            ...the beginner forum was created to provide a place for all the stupid ass questions to pile up and fester, kind of like huge globs of mayonnaise left in the sun for weeks at a time.

Comment

I always heard the curb weight on the preludes was 3000lbs or higher guess I heard wrong. oh yeah 00000000SCREW00HONDATA00000000 uberdata is where its at for cheap people like me.
              ricers make baby jesus cry

Comment

Originally posted by prelude9384
                A prelude can't be any heavier than a cb7...a prelude's curb weight is 2750 I think. But yes there's something is seriously wrong with your set-up. You should beat an h22a1 with minor bolt-ons. By the way, the theory about his gearing to have him lost the race is wrong. I have an f22 prelude and I have the same tranny as an h23.
                lol...the gearings are VERY different We've got the ratios on this site. 1st gear seems to be "similar" but after that....
                Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

technical jargon to prove the difference in gears between the trannies...and the h23 tranny too.

F22A
                  Diff: 4.06:1
                  1st: 3.31
                  2nd: 1.81
                  3rd: 1.23
                  4th: 0.90
                  5th: 0.71
                  Rev: 3.00

H22Ax
                  Diff: 4.266:1
                  1st: 3.307
                  2nd: 1.950
                  3rd: 1.360
                  4th: 1.034
                  5th: 0.787

H23A1
                  Diff: 4.27:1
                  1st: 3.31
                  2nd: 1.86
                  3rd: 1.32
                  4th: 1.03
                  5th: 0.81
                  Last edited by MRX; 08-05-2005, 08:57 AM.

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Originally posted by InvaderTrax
                    *walks outside* Nope. Very different codes. Have you ever driven one and then the other?

H23 - 60mph @3000rpm (5th)
                    F22 - 60mph @2600rpm (5th)
                    Checked it with my friend's old set-up. He had an h22/h23 in his eg coupe with a h23 tranny. Tranny codes were the same.

Comment

please see post above yours...you are mistaken, they are different

Comment

I just found out a few days ago the guy driving this supposed minor bolt on H22 was actually driving a fully built H22 w/ high compression pistons, cams, and everything else you could throw at this engine. Last weeked this car smoked a minor bolt on Acura RSX Type S like a cigarette! This is also when everybody found out what he was really running. So now I don't really feel so bad about getting beat by a fully built H22 by about two car lengths.

Comment

damn i didnt even know preludes had f23's in them....what years have the f23's - to lazy to google..- do you know off the top?

Comment

I don't know of any preludes w/ f23's in them, which I don't think any of them do, but the 92-96 preludes had the optional f22a1 engine in them.

Comment

Originally posted by Mkai0
                              I don't know of any preludes w/ f23's in them, which I don't think any of them do, but the 92-96 preludes had the optional f22a1 engine in them.
                              man optional f22 what over an h22...wow.. i would hate to have a prelude with an f22 in it when i think prelude i think h22 vtec...not sohc no tec

Comment

Tru that man, but that's why I'm turboed now. It's also a great motor to boost too. I ran 12 lbs the other day!

Comment

Working...
                                X